IGNORED

Joe Williams

MrRedRobin

Thought this guy deserves a thread of his own. Before this season I was really hoping we would replace Joe because I could never see what he contributed to the team when he was on the field, I always knew he was popular amongst the lads but I got really frustrated watching him last season. This season he seems to have turned a massive corner, he looks a completely different player and he is starting to look like the player we signed and is really showing his worth for the team. If he is going to keep this up then we need to get him on a new contract because right now he is definitely in my favoured starting lineup.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, MrRedRobin said:

Thought this guy deserves a thread of his own. Before this season I was really hoping we would replace Joe because I could never see what he contributed to the team when he was on the field, I always knew he was popular amongst the lads but I got really frustrated watching him last season. This season he seems to have turned a massive corner, he looks a completely different player and he is starting to look like the player we signed and is really showing his worth for the team. If he is going to keep this up then we need to get him on a new contract because right now he is definitely in my favoured starting lineup.

One swallow don't make a summer,!

I certainly wouldn't be rushing to get him a new contract

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Perhaps he`s finally fully fit and has had a full pre-season?

Amazing eh. Don’t get me wrong injuries aside he will still say he’s not been at his best. But it must have been hard. 

Away from home he is perfect. The three need to step up at home and make things happen but there were good signs at Hull followed up yesterday. 

• Like 4

The last few games Williams has looked so much better. It seems like he's finally got his confidence back in his fitness. Last year it looked like he was holding back on making runs from midfield because he was worried he'd do his hamstring again and when he just sits back he nowhere near as good a player.

Fingers crossed he stays fit now because he'll be key to us getting support around Nakhi/Tommy for the rest of the season.

• Like 2

He played well yesterday but he needs to find consistency. Swansea were a very poor side and they made it fairly easy for us. We always play well against sides who don’t sit back. Which is why we need more creative players to break down stubborn defences. Not taking away anything but we need to see some better consistency. 

• Like 1

I’ve been bigging up his performances this season, bar Preston.  Think he’s in good form, and an important member of the squad, and currently the starting eleven.

Building a relationship with Knight too, that can take time.  They were a great “pincer movement” at times yesterday, feeding off the other’s trigger.  And he’s getting forward and getting shots off

• Like 6

7 hours ago, MrRedRobin said:

Being fully fit again is a massive bonus for him. He is showing how well he coped with the bad days of constant injuries.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MrRedRobin said:

Jury still out for me on Williams. Still is far too inconsistent IMO. Played well yesterday though so credit where it is due.