IGNORED

City fans in Mallorca?

Mallorcan Red

Hello to the little lad walking around Cala D’Or Marina this morning in his City home shirt. His family were very surprised when “come on you reds” was called out from one of the boats where I was working.

We get a few people from Bristol on their holidays walking past and those that say hello I always ask if they are city or **s fans. Never ever had anyone admit they are a blue fewer.

Any other City fans around the area? Either living here or on holiday? 

• Like 1
  • Robin 2

25 minutes ago, Mallorcan Red said:

Hello to the little lad walking around Cala D’Or Marina this morning in his City home shirt. His family were very surprised when “come on you reds” was called out from one of the boats where I was working.

We get a few people from Bristol on their holidays walking past and those that say hello I always ask if they are city or **s fans. Never ever had anyone admit they are a blue fewer.

I’m in Cala egos 3-4 times a year, back out in June , July and September next year, usually don’t go past mollys bar, nice to no there’s fellow reds out there, fantastic place, coyr.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mallorcan Red said:

Was looking to buy a place out there, but as you know it’s really expensive, 350k for a 2 bedroom apartment next to Martha’s hotel ?

Flew back from Mallorca yesterday. The planes both out and back to Bristol seemed to be mostly Welsh. I think I read somewhere that Cardiff airport had lost some of its holiday trade so that might explain it.

The win at Swansea was brilliant. I was tempted to raise the subject but the flight had the worst turbulence I have experienced. With some sickness and crying going on around me it wasn't the time and place for banter.

Much celebration greeted the successful landing.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Flew back from Mallorca yesterday. The planes both out and back to Bristol seemed to be mostly Welsh. I think I read somewhere that Cardiff airport had lost some of its holiday trade so that might explain it.

The win at Swansea was brilliant. I was tempted to raise the subject but the flight had the worst turbulence I have experienced. With some sickness and crying going on around me it wasn't the time and place for banter.

Bristol airport always seems full of Welsh... god knows what Cardiff airport actually services 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Bristol airport always seems full of Welsh... god knows what Cardiff airport actually services 

They were a pleasant bunch, no club shirts of any sport on display, though anything red or blue would have probably clashed with the green tinge around the face.....

From what I saw in Mallorca the last 2 years, wearing club shirts is more of a German thing these days.

3 hours ago, Mallorcan Red said:

Just got back on Saturday, lovely place to unwind... even with the shock storm ?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Our hotel bar was flooded, the retractable roof on the pool was wrecked and a pool side parasol went flying through a glass wind break. One barman cut his hand, could have been worse.

Nice time though.

Storm damaged patio furniture... should have bought some back, reckon Wally would have given you a good price.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Work over wales and basically from what I’m told their airport and flights are awful,probably why the A38 is always rammed 

7 hours ago, Glen hump said:

Was looking to buy a place out there, but as you know it’s really expensive, 350k for a 2 bedroom apartment next to Martha’s hotel ?

Not only that but over the winter they all rot with the humidity. Waste of money. We are up the hill 4kms away. And yeah watch pretty much every game online. 

COYR!

8 hours ago, Mallorcan Red said:

Was in Playa del Muro a couple of weeks ago. Beautiful Carribean-like beach. Flew back in the storm on Sunday morning, which was interesting ? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Was in Playa del Muro a couple of weeks ago. Beautiful Carribean-like beach. Flew back in the storm on Sunday morning, which was interesting ? 

That's where we were, flew back 2 days ago.

The beach won 5th place in the TripAdvisor 'Best European Beach 2023' poll.

1st went there in 1987, still great.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mallorcan Red said:

We are in Calonge ? but a boataholic so down the Marina most days

Have always enjoyed Mallorca for all the obvious reasons. Every holiday though there is the family chat at some point - 'let's do a boat trip'.

It hasn't always worked out well.....in my opinion, the waters always seem choppy. You get on a tourist catamaran which is double decker and therefore top heavy so it rolls a lot.

15 minutes in, all those who had a breakfast are regretting it. Me, Mr Cautious who had a glass of water and a couple of pool mints is ok and ends up looking after the others.

Happens most times even when it looks like calm waters from the beach.

Any hot boating tips MR? I was thinking a private rental might be better next time?

5 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Have always enjoyed Mallorca for all the obvious reasons. Every holiday though there is the family chat at some point - 'let's do a boat trip'.

It hasn't always worked out well.....in my opinion, the waters always seem choppy. You get on a tourist catamaran which is double decker and therefore top heavy so it rolls a lot.

15 minutes in, all those who had a breakfast are regretting it. Me, Mr Cautious who had a glass of water and a couple of pool mints is ok and ends up looking after the others.

Happens most times even when it looks like calm waters from the beach.

Any hot boating tips MR? I was thinking a private rental might be better next time?

Capalina in Cala d or is fantastic, they won’t take you out if it’s choppy, think they have a Facebook page 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Was in Santa ponsa couple of weeks ago, nice enough place…..absolutely flooded with Irish and Celtic Scots. Ok if you like your Irish bars but I prefer a bit of local culture.

it seemed everyone was wearing GAA shirts almost exclusively made by o’neills. No supply issues there!

Santa Ponsa is not really the place for local culture, though the other side of the resort is a bit more Spanish, there is a nice local bar down by the little beach heading out towards the marina called La Brasa, the bar owners that side of the resort call the area of Irish bars the dark side :laugh:.

Edited by pillred

21 hours ago, Mallorcan Red said:

Argyle fan (living in Bristol) here, just browsing your forum ahead of our upcoming game. Fair play to the lad for wearing his City top out and about, a nice change from the premier league shirted Brits!

I'm just curious, have you been to see Real Mallorca? I've seen they're redeveloping their stadium, which is looking pretty good now, hopefully they can get back to their heyday of European football. If you haven't been, I thoroughly recommend it, 

Edited by Green army Bristol
Misread original post
  • Like 2