IGNORED

Morocco Earthquake

BigTone

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Absolutely devastating. Having worked there for a few years in Ifrane in the Atlas mountains my heart goes out to them all. Beautiful people, beautiful country. 

It's so sad, Marrakech is so dependent on tourism and it's flattened.  Terrible for those people left, dead and injured. I love the country have been meaning to have a proper break there but never seem to get around to it.

• Like 1

Just now, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

It's so sad, Marrakech is so dependent on tourism and it's flattened.  Terrible for those people left, dead and injured. I love the country have been meaning to have a proper break there but never seem to get around to it.

Will take many years to recover from this which is so sad. As you say Marakech is tourist reliant. 

42 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Ouazazate also badly damaged I hear which is also known as Wallywood as it's the heart of the Moroccan movie/film industry. 

Heard from one friend in Casablanca so reasonably safe albeit very scared. Even in Casa people are nervous to stay in their homes so it seems.

Edited by BigTone

10 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Ouazazate also badly damaged I hear which is also known as Wallywood as it's the heart of the Moroccan movie/film industry. 

Heard from one friend in Casablanca so reasonably safe albeit very scared. Even in Casa people are nervous to stay in their homes so it seems.

I worked there for a while back in the late 90's was an amazing place, always meant too go back as a tourist.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Casablanca, Rabat, Agadir and a few other towns doing communications stuff.

Nice. Never been to Agadir though. Was in Ifrane working so Fez & Meknes were nearby. Casa, Rabat, El Jadida, Mohamedia & Settat were regular haunts as was Tangiers. Just love the country.

Edited by BigTone

13 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Nice. Never been to Agadir though. Was in Ifrane working so Fez & Meknes were nearby. Casa, Rabat, El Jadida, Mohamedia & Settat were regular haunts as was Tangiers. Just love the country.

Visited a few of those for work as well, only significant place I never went when working there was Marrakesh.  

Used to love going to the Habbous in Casa (spelt wrong no doubt). Would buy minced Camel meat to take over the road to be cooked on a BBQ along with Moroccan bread and a Moroccan mint tea. To die for. Butcher always included a small piece of the camel hump to add moisture and flavour.