IGNORED

Last Trains

iamalagerdrinker

I work in a toc control (not GWR) and if the last train is cancelled the toc will at first try and source a bus to replace the train, if that’s not possible or there aren’t enough people to warrant a bus they’ll book you a taxi however if that’s not a realistic option such as theres a long wait they might authorise you to book yourself a taxi like an Uber and claim the money back 

Last resort would be for the toc to book you a hotel but honestly i could count on the fingers of one hand the amount of times that’s happened as usually a taxi was the best option 

Edited by East Londoner
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, East Londoner said:

I work in a toc control (not GWR) and if the last train is cancelled the toc will at first try and source a bus to replace the train, if that’s not possible or there aren’t enough people to warrant a bus they’ll book you a taxi however if that’s not a realistic option such as theres a long wait they might authorise you to book yourself a taxi like an Uber and claim the money back 

Last resort would be for the toc to book you a hotel but honestly i could count on the fingers of one hand the amount of times that’s happened as usually a taxi was the best option 

It happened to Mrs LR and her sister a few weeks back when the last train from Exeter to Okehampton was cancelled due to a tree down on the line. They booked a load of taxis and sent them home that way.