IGNORED

Saints v foxes

redkev

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Don’t know what that is Dave ? I know you love your stats & we all thank you for the info you provide, but In layman’s terms . Is Xg what is expected of you to score from previous games or as a game is progressing ? 

An xG is given to each shot, weighted on the strength of a given chance.

Different places have more or less complex ones which can take in to account things like proximity of defenders.

I believe Sofascore gets its stats from Opta. So should be a decent enough model.

Then you'll get an xG for the game which is all those numbers for each shot put together.

(A typical half chance might have an xG of about 0.2ish, a penalty is 0.7-0.8 and a decent open play chance- the type where you might say "he should have scored" will come out around 0.35-0.4)

So an xG tonight of say 1.4 for Soton and 3.3 for Leicester means on the balance of chances created, a score of 3-1 to Leicester is what youd likely see.

Edited by transfer reader

3 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

An xG is given to each shot, weighted on the strength of a given chance.

Different places have more or less complex ones which can take in to account things like proximity of defenders.

I believe Sofascore gets its stats from Opta. So should be a decent enough model.

Then you'll get an xG for the game which is all those numbers for each shot put together.

(A typical half chance might have an xG of about 0.2ish, a penalty is 0.7-0.8 and a decent open play chance- the type where you might say "he should have scored" will come out around 0.35-0.4)

So an xG tonight of say 1.4 for Soton and 3.3 for Leicester means on the balance of chances created, a score of 3-1 to Leicester is what youd likely see.

Thank you . I do really appreciate the people & info & I’ll take little bits to suit myself . Although to be honest it’s sends a shiver & reminds me of 3rd year algebra ??

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Malago said:

Famous last words, but I think we’ll give them a game next week.

Admire your optimism.

Their bench tonight included the likes of Iheanacho, Choudhury, Coady, Faes, Casadei, Algun & Daka.

Take a look at ours tomorrow, probably not even have 9 subs, a kid who has never started games at the football league, Bajic & Andy King.

The disparity in resources is massive, if we get anything up there I’ll be amazed.

They have won every game bar Hull where they had 21 shots to Hull’s 7.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Admire your optimism.

Their bench tonight included the likes of Iheanacho, Choudhury, Coady, Faes, Casadei, Algun & Daka.

Take a look at ours tomorrow, probably not even have 9 subs, a kid who has never started games at the football league, Bajic & Andy King.

The disparity in resources is massive, if we get anything up there I’ll be amazed.

They have won every game bar Hull where they had 21 shots to Hull’s 7.

Agree ,  if you were there when we drew 0-0 with the side holloway had , mind you they got relegated.. They battered us all game and cole skuse hit the bar in the last minute . You never know . If you did it would be like rugby . Get four points tomorrow & Tuesday then pressure is right off us next week . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Out of interest Dave. What do you see as flaws in Leicester’s side. Looking at their squad tonight . I’m still amazed they got relegated. Something happened there with Brendon Rodgers . They’ve lost a few big players but they should piss this league  imo 

There’s a big chunk of the reason. Man turns toxic as soon as things stop going his way and it infected the whole club. Then there’s the folk that let him keep cucking them until it was too late cos they didn’t believe relegation was possible. And then a group of players that also thought they were too good to go down and a subset who wanted out/thought they’d be leaving either way so didn’t give a stuff.

Alas its done now, shouldn’t have happened and I think most of us are just glad for the refresh of pretty much everything. The start to the season, at least results wise, has been a welcome bonus.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ok thanks . I was never sure tbh . Is that just a betting aid though . Would managers  use that post match ? 

Possibly though it's better to look at the data over an extended period. Too early in the season you might get too much variability in the data but the common rule of thumb that you start to judge after 10 games probably works.

Not that you should rely on a single measure in football or any other walk of life.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Agree ,  if you were there when we drew 0-0 with the side holloway had , mind you they got relegated.. They battered us all game and cole skuse hit the bar in the last minute . You never know . If you did it would be like rugby . Get four points tomorrow & Tuesday then pressure is right off us next week . 

It was Brian Wilson who hit the bar.

11 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I will tell you why they got relegated,the squad wasn’t good enough and the owner has been losing money left right and centre in his business and didn’t invest in the club for that reason,they still should get promoted but if they don’t they will be in trouble unless he sells up

Sorry but that Leicester squad was plenty good enough to stay up . Should of finished mid table . Something happened their behind the scenes with Rogers . 

• Like 1

On 15/09/2023 at 21:46, joe jordans teeth said:

I will tell you why they got relegated,the squad wasn’t good enough and the owner has been losing money left right and centre in his business and didn’t invest in the club for that reason,they still should get promoted but if they don’t they will be in trouble unless he sells up

They were also restricted by FFP, a £92.4m loss in 2021-22 saw them move into a danger zone.

That said player for player don't think they should have dropped 

Edited by Mr Popodopolous