IGNORED

Players feigning head injuries ....

Denbury Red

I've just watched Everton v Arsenal and the number of times an Arsenal player fell to the ground holding his head as if he's been clattered only for the replays to show that, at worst, he's been slightly caught by the fore arm or soft part of the arm on a different part of the head to that which he is holding is becoming embarrassing.

Perhaps the "head injury" rule should be changed to "whenever a game is stopped by the referee due to a head injury, the player injured must 'rest' on the touchline for at least a minute before being allowed to continue in the game to check that he is fit to resume play".

Alternatively - could referees be encouraged to book players who are clearly feigning injury. ..... or should it just be called "cheating".

It really needs sorting out as some players (Gabriel Jesus amongst others) are ticking the mick!!

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

I've just watched Everton v Arsenal and the number of times an Arsenal player fell to the ground holding his head as if he's been clattered only for the replays to show that, at worst, he's been slightly caught by the fore arm or soft part of the arm on a different part of the head to that which he is holding is becoming embarrassing.

Perhaps the "head injury" rule should be changed to "whenever a game is stopped by the referee due to a head injury, the player injured must 'rest' on the touchline for at least a minute before being allowed to continue in the game to check that he is fit to resume play".

Alternatively - could referees be encouraged to book players who are clearly feigning injury. ..... or should it just be called "cheating".

It really needs sorting out as some players (Gabriel Jesus amongst others) are ticking the mick!!

Make it mandatory to go off and have a full concussion check every time play is stopped for a head injury? Saliba also did it. Arteta is a Manager I just want to see fail big time.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Make it mandatory to go off and have a full concussion check every time play is stopped for a head injury? Saliba also did it. Arteta is a Manager I just want to see fail big time.

So you punish a team when a player has a genuine injury and give an advantage to the team that caused it?

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

So you punish a team when a player has a genuine injury and give an advantage to the team that caused it?

Not necessarily as most managers that are genuinely concerned will pull their players off straight away, it’s the clubs that get their players to feign injury that will be punished and rightly so.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WoodsDTES said:

Not necessarily as most managers that are genuinely concerned will pull their players off straight away, it’s the clubs that get their players to feign injury that will be punished and rightly so.

If there is a real knock then doesn't there have to be a check ? I think there should be a concussion sub ( like blood sub for Rugby) that could come on and fill in while the check is being done. 
What I would like to see is retrospective bookings when it is obvious the impact is nowhere near the head. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

As for cheating , Newcastles penalty last night never a penalty in the month of Sundays Gordon goes charging in no chance of really getting the ball and definitely moves his leg towards the goal keeper to make contact , could easily have jumped over the keeper and avoided contact 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

It was just a suggestion. And if it is a genuine injury then surely the concussion protocol should apply anyway shouldn’t it? What I and many others don’t want to see is Managers like Arteta instructing players to go down with tactical head injuries when they are in trouble. That happened twice with Arsenal today. Perhaps you don’t mind watching that or have a better suggestion?

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It was just a suggestion. And if it is a genuine injury then surely the concussion protocol should apply anyway shouldn’t it? What I and many others don’t want to see is Managers like Arteta instructing players to go down with tactical head injuries when they are in trouble. That happened twice with Arsenal today. Perhaps you don’t mind watching that or have a better suggestion?

Is that actually what happened? 

the corner routine was starting to take the piss, they’d have been fuming if Everton were taking that long

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Saliba’s was embarrassing and has to be instruction or tactics, call it what you like. Held the opposite side Olof his head to the contact.

Rapidly starting to dislike Arsenal, which is a shame because I use to watch them a lot, and I usually like to watch the teams with strong English contingence.

Their fans are starting to become insufferable again too.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

If there is a real knock then doesn't there have to be a check ? I think there should be a concussion sub ( like blood sub for Rugby) that could come on and fill in while the check is being done. 
What I would like to see is retrospective bookings when it is obvious the impact is nowhere near the head. 

I'd go further than that and say retrospective bans for clearly feigned head injuries. 

Head injuries have to be taken seriously and that becomes nigh on impossible if they are being faked. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Rapidly starting to dislike Arsenal, which is a shame because I use to watch them a lot, and I usually like to watch the teams with strong English contingence.

Their fans are starting to become insufferable again too.

List of disliked teams , them lot up the road , Anti English scousers , then cheating Arsenal and there we won the league in February fans ( oh no you never )  reminds me still laugh at Swindon winning the league in October / November think it was 

11 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I don't like players feigning injuries either, but my point was your suggestion punishes genuine injuries as well. Perhaps give retrospective bans for obvious cases, although maybe difficult to prove