IGNORED

Next Seasons Kit

James54De

Considering the absolute outrage at this seasons offerings, what do we want next season ?? Manufacturer? Colour? Badge? The Whole Lot. 

Personally, let's move away from the 'retro' trend. Has been used for what feels like the last 5 years. Solely down the a lack of imagination in design. Something clean, modern, slick. Dark green away kit please. 

Edited by James54De
  • Like 1

I’d love for us to use an established cheaper sporting brand, someone like Umbro.

I’d love 2 fairly basic home & away kits with no stupid down with the kids motifs or splat robins. If JL wants to make an out there third kit be my guest! Just don’t make the first team wear it…ever!

Edited by The hand of RO'D
  • Like 1

Definitely move on from retro as it is a trend that has now run its course; I say this as someone with an extensive collection of old City shirts! Plus the next ones to revive would be the Sanderson era of kits and they look crap.

I like the away kit being black with purple and lime features; that one we had in 15/16 is a future classic. 

Edited by The Nest Egg
  • Like 1

Well I assume we'll still be contracted with O'Neills, which is fine by me. A slick red home kit, a funky purple and lime away kit (since we have black this season and don't want to be samey), and maybe a nice white third kit since we haven't had white for a bit? All with the new round badge, no splats. Easy, fun, happy days.

Get Admiral Sportswear | Official Website of the Iconic Brand to make it.

Not with any of these new fancy-dan fabrics, but something that Sultans Of Ping would sing about, that sort of material that was dead popular back in the 70s and left your skin looking like you'd fallen in to a field full of stingers.

Gert big collars and players must agree to have either a mullet, a perm or a moustache - fines for non compliance, unless we have a player in their mid 20s who somehow manages to look about 40 thanks to a ban of male-grooming products and a refusal to use sun-cream.

That should toughen a few of 'em up. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Get Admiral Sportswear | Official Website of the Iconic Brand to make it.

Not with any of these new fancy-dan fabrics, but something that Sultans Of Ping would sing about, that sort of material that was dead popular back in the 70s and left your skin looking like you'd fallen in to a field full of stingers.

Gert big collars and players must agree to have either a mullet, a perm or a moustache - fines for non compliance, unless we have a player in their mid 20s who somehow manages to look about 40 thanks to a ban of male-grooming products and a refusal to use sun-cream.

That should toughen a few of 'em up. 

Mullets and perms are very much back in so you could be on to something here

• Like 1

Block red home kit. White shorts.

White/fluoro yellow away kit.

Some other colour for the third kit. I like purple/lime but am not wedded to it.

Badge in the correct place (left breast, none of this central badge rubbish). Alternative logos in their correct places.

Not too bothered by manufacturer.

No green.

All announced/released within a week of each other so we can decide which one we each like the most if we want to buy it.

And I agree that we've had enough "nods" to past kits and it would be nice to have some designs that are their own thing.

5 minutes ago, David Woody said:

Something that size wise fits the average fan, where you can be confident to receive an online order to a t-shirt size you normally have in your drawer and not think I'm a fat bastard :laugh:?

One of my biggest pet hates is the inconsistent sizing of garments - you can buy from ten different shops and get ten different fits at times, surely there must be a standard like shoe sizes?!

• Admin
1 hour ago, James54De said:

Considering the absolute outrage at this seasons offerings, what do we want next season ?? Manufacturer? Colour? Badge? The Whole Lot. 

Personally, let's move away from the 'retro' trend. Has been used for what feels like the last 5 years. Solely down the a lack of imagination in design. Something clean, modern, slick. Dark green away kit please. 

Hopefully the departure of Phil Alexander won't change this, but the club were appearing to be very on board about discussing with stakeholders about future kits etc before being released etc

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, DaveF said:

Some HILARIOUS jokes about Jon Lansdown getting his crayons out incoming...

I know we have many on here that like to design their own kits and share on here. 

So it's only fair that everyone has the same opportunity to design a new robin for the new third kit. 

These are what you are currently up against

image.png

image.png

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I want a 3rd kit with another shite looking robin in place of the badge as I absolutely love the drama and fume that comes along with it. 

1 hour ago, The Nest Egg said:

Definitely move on from retro as it is a trend that has now run its course; I say this as someone with an extensive collection of old City shirts! Plus the next ones to revive would be the Sanderson era of kits and they look crap.

I like the away kit being black with purple and lime features; that one we had in 15/16 is a future classic. 

I didn't get the 15/16 away kit at the time and now I really regret it. Love that kit but can't find one for sale in my size anywhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James54De said:

While I agree to move away from retro, I wouldn't be against them redoing this seasons third shirt with the proper badge in green replacing the splat.  I've wanted yellow and green for a change shirt for bloody ages and they sodding well do that with it! ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James54De said:

Really.  ?