IGNORED

Post Leicester Thread

Silvio Dante

21 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I wouldn’t correlate respect to how high we press.  

Out of interest - what things did you see that made you think we’d paid them too much respect?

Just that you made the point that we showed them less respect in the last half hour?  Could that have been our downfall, ie we poked the bear?

Edited by Davefevs

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

The challenge back is - do we need to go as far as Leicester?

They are a top class side. We can be worse than them and achieve our goals.

(I get what you’re saying though)

The big question is - what happens if you press high, you get picked off and end up losing by several.

Its all ifs, buts and maybes.

In some respects we hung in there, executed the game-plan as well as possible and used our subs to alter our approach.

In a very black and white view, the mid/low-block starters (up to 58 mins) drew 0-0.  The higher press finishers (last 32 mins) lost 1-0.

So, if you were to correlate “too much respect” you could argue that was the right approach???

Thoughts?

True, Dave, you might not have to be as good as Leicester to get promotion. But I feel you need to be at a certain level and we are not close enough yet. Not that I expected us to be. I just expected us to improve on last season. And I think we will, unless we have significant injuries. 

59 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

True, Dave, you might not have to be as good as Leicester to get promotion. But I feel you need to be at a certain level and we are not close enough yet. Not that I expected us to be. I just expected us to improve on last season. And I think we will, unless we have significant injuries. 

I agree too…kinda in that group below playoff standard. We will get a good indicator this Saturday and Tuesday.  On paper two opponents that we should be able to impose ourselves / our game style on.

I hate looking more than the next game ahead, so no predictions on results, but I’d expect performances at the levels of the previous two games prior to Leicester.

• Like 4