IGNORED

New to Bristol City

BigKiwi

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Welcome.

Get on the official city site and get a membership which will save money on tickets. As for where to congregate, just get to the stadium first off, sample the fans zone and the sports bar. Go from there.

I was just about to say the same!

Have a listen to OSIB… possibly join their Facebook group, if it's still going (I don't do FB anymore so don't know)

Edited by exAtyeoMax
  • Like 2

Pick your stand based on what you are looking for - South Stand/Dolman Stand corner - singing, chanting, lively atmosphere and cheapest tickets. Lansdown Stand - quiet, reserved and most expensive tickets. Dolman Stand - in between the South Stand and Lansdown Stand in terms of pricing and atmosphere. Ayteo Stand - you're in the away end!

• Like 6

As others have said, get a membership first off.
Try each stand / area to see what fits for you.
Fan park can be great, even in winter if it's dry.
You'll find most people happy to chat football in and around the ground , so it shouldn't take long to settle in.
Welcome to the most life affirming , and at the same time depressing place on earth .

Oh, and ...

OTIB , COYR , FTG .

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, WWred said:

This is ace

I really hope you're strong enough internally to settle for absolute footballing mediocrity.

I absolutely love this club, I hope you do too. Welcome aboard, mate.

You have no idea. I'm a long suffering fan of my local team - level of the league is probably somewhere between league one and lower end championship teams. Bristol will be a step up in quality for sure

• Like 1

6 months time. So roughly end of March 2024 right? Lovely moment to come over and watch a few games.

Here's our fixtures from end of March to the end of the season. It might change a little if we do well in the FA Cup (which we join in early January), but that's unlikely.

You've got 4 good home games there plus a relatively close away day in Plymouth. However getting a ticket for Plymouth may be hard if you don't have a season ticket (which you should not buy when there's only 4 home games left).

Screenshot_20230928-112723.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

Welcome. Looking at your user name, you may find the legroom a bit tight in parts of the Dolman Stand.

This is invaluable intel, no joke. I'm 6"7, so leg room is pretty important. That said, I'd love to be in a standing area if there is more of an active stand

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigKiwi said:

You have no idea. I'm a long suffering fan of my local team - level of the league is probably somewhere between league one and lower end championship teams. Bristol will be a step up in quality for sure

Welcome!    Just one thing it's always Bristol City or just City, it's a big thing with us. Bristol use to be the name of the rugby club, now it's Bristol Bears. They are owned by Lansdown as well and play at the Gate.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, BigKiwi said:

Hey folks, apologies if this isn't the right place to post this, I'm new on here. I'm a Kiwi lad who is moving to Bristol in 6 months time and really want to immerse myself in the Bristol football and get along to as many local games as I can (City games that is, Joey Barton being in charge of the other lot was all I needed to tell me not to go up there). I'm a massive footy fan, but coming from a country with one pro club, there's a lot of things I've read and heard which are a bit unknown to me. Just looking for any advice on how to get tickets, where fans congregate before games, etc. Again, sorry if this sort of thing has been covered ad nauseam already on other threads. Cheers if anyone can help me out! From a freshly minted Robins fan.

Get in Section 82 - this is where most of the noise comes from.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Homer Simpson said:

Welcome. Looking at your user name, you may find the legroom a bit tight in parts of the Dolman Stand.

Definitely - the best view and legroom is the Lansdown , as it’s a modern stand. You’re in with the Gods in the upper Lansdown and part is a family section where  you’ve got to go with a juvenile, but if you’ve got a head for heights it’s a good view. The lower section is good though prices vary depending on whether it’s the middle or send (as you’ll see when you look on the website). One thing you’ll like is the concourse as it runs in a U shaper under the Lansdown, South and Dolman stands. It’s only the away fans in the Atyeo that are cut off. 

Fans congregate in the fans village outside the ground, but this is outdoors. A good plan would be to try out a few local pubs that are within easy walking distance. I’d recommend the Merchants Arms or the Nova Scotia in Hotwells, though I’m sure you get a few more recommendations 

• Like 1

I'm pleased you didn't opt for the big club in Bristol. Rovers have plans for a 40,000 seat stadium to be delivered any day soon, they regularly take more fans to away games than the likes of Liverpool and Manchester United, they have officially the most loyal supporters in the country and they are every other club's second favourite team. However, you have made the right choice, don't be a glory hunter with the Gas.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Hmmm 1

Best advice we could probably give is don’t bother! It’s a life of disappointment and mediocrity with the odd dash of success and hope every 10 years or so! 😂

Joking aside all of the above also creates a life of fun, excitement, camaraderie and passion I don’t think you will find anywhere. 

Welcome! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hi BigKiwi,

Welcome! Wear red and you will have friends.

Will this be your first visit to Bristol? And come to that, do you know where you will be living once you arrive? Forgive me probing but it would be useful to know in terms of overall understanding. Although you're right to make football the centre of the universe, Bristol has a lot of other things to offer.

Sweet as and welcome to the BCFC ‘family’ 

Suggest you take out a subscription for this brilliant forum it’s just a fiver a year and will be the best fiver you have ever spent. 

Subscribe to the OTIB Supporter package and help fund the forum!

As a basic member, you can:

• Start new topics and reply to others 
  • Access all forums (not all viewable as a guest) 
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates 
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends 
  • Send personal messages to other members. 

As an OTIB Supporter, you can do all of the above AND have access to:

·         Unlimited attachments/uploads (e.g. photos)

·         Unlimited likes/reactions (capped at 10 a day for basic members)

·         Double the space of a basic member for personal conversations (PMs)

·         The ability to invite 10 users into a personal conversation (PMs)

·         Two name changes per year

As an OTIB Supporter, you will also never be bombarded with ads!