IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday.

pillred

12 minutes ago, pillred said:

Being of a certain age exactly how do you post a link like that?

Ask somone much younger to do it for you?

It's why I asked my son to stay at home - even though he's in his late 30s and married with 2 children!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Ask somone much younger to do it for you?

It's why I asked my son to stay at home - even though he's in his late 30s and married with 2 children!

I did offer his Mum (Mrs Downend)  in part exchange!

• Haha 1

Another owner that just doesn't get it. He is the current custodian of an historic football club that will (hopefully) still be going long after he has left. The only reason he bought Sheffield Wednesday was to turn a profit. The club does belong to the fans and the city of Sheffield whether he likes it or not.

• Like 1

He like a certain type of owner purchased the club with the hope of reaching the PL within a few years. Obviously latterly gaining financially too.

Maybe add Dai Yongge, Hull owner if things go South maybe, Nottingham Forest owner  would be very interesting to know how he would have played it had they stayed down last season.

Only 3 sides get promoted to the PL in any given season and then in the last 4 seasons, 8/12 have been in receipt of Parachute Payments.

Even then of those 4, 3 were through the playoffs and that was the last 3 seasons.

Your odds under the current system of top 2 are astronomical as a non Parachute club, and of promotion they're quite hefty.

Birmingham another example, if they are not up within 3-4 seasons will that unravel. Huddersfield owner (US) reportedly has a 3 year plan to reach the PL.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

0-2 inside 8 mins.

Sunderland on their day are such an exciting team to watch. Tony Mowbray is not a fashionable young coach so he doesn't get the credit he deserves for the job he is doing.

Wednesday on the other hand were doomed to relegation before the season started.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Sunderland on their day are such an exciting team to watch. Tony Mowbray is not a fashionable young coach so he doesn't get the credit he deserves for the job he is doing.

Wednesday on the other hand were doomed to relegation before the season started.

I really like Mowbray.

I really like Jack Clarke, possibly my fave non-City Champ player.

• Like 9