IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday.

pillred

14 hours ago, pillred said:

I would hope that your 360th post would mean that you could have a good look at yourself if you really don't know what SL has done for this club.

Firstly, the correlation between my post count and understanding of the situation is somewhat elusive. Engagement in real-life activities, including discussions about the club, isn't necessarily hindered by active participation online. I have been a supporter of this football club for just over 32 years, not that it matters. 

Secondly, the essence of the original post appears to have been overlooked. It suggested that due to some unfortunate incidents involving the owner's family, they were becoming more reclusive. However, it's worth contemplating an alternative perspective. It seems plausible that individuals like SL and especially JL have encountered significant online abuse, which might have led to a waning passion for the club. 

JL, in particular, was once a devoted fan, and his consistent vilification within this online community could understandably contribute to his diminishing interest. In essence, a football club thrives on its supporters, forming a symbiotic relationship. If these very supporters persistently subject key figures like JL to unwarranted criticism, it's only natural for enthusiasm to wane. A club is, after all, a reflection of its supporters, and continued hostility hardly encourages those at the helm to reciprocate positively. It's a nuanced situation worth considering.

• Hmmm 2

9 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Firstly, the correlation between my post count and understanding of the situation is somewhat elusive. Engagement in real-life activities, including discussions about the club, isn't necessarily hindered by active participation online. I have been a supporter of this football club for just over 32 years, not that it matters. 

Secondly, the essence of the original post appears to have been overlooked. It suggested that due to some unfortunate incidents involving the owner's family, they were becoming more reclusive. However, it's worth contemplating an alternative perspective. It seems plausible that individuals like SL and especially JL have encountered significant online abuse, which might have led to a waning passion for the club. 

JL, in particular, was once a devoted fan, and his consistent vilification within this online community could understandably contribute to his diminishing interest. In essence, a football club thrives on its supporters, forming a symbiotic relationship. If these very supporters persistently subject key figures like JL to unwarranted criticism, it's only natural for enthusiasm to wane. A club is, after all, a reflection of its supporters, and continued hostility hardly encourages those at the helm to reciprocate positively. It's a nuanced situation worth considering.

‘Unwarranted’ criticism ??

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Dreary me 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

I believe so, yes. Some of it is damn right unnecessary and way over the top. 

I've not seen anything that could be considered 'way over the top' on this forum. Piss taking about his crayons and drawing skills yes but no out and out abuse. Tbf anyone that designed and then produced that god awful anniversary shirt leaves themselves open to all sorts of criticism.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

I think some of the criticism of our owners is justified and if you have supported the club for 32 years surely you can see the mistakes they have made, we have made little or no progress since they took over yes he has pumped money into the club but we have little to show for it as far as league position goes, the infrastructure like the ground and training facilities will be his legacy, there have been questionable appointments both in the managers we have hired and the being the scenes appointments but overall we are still a lot safer under him and I don't think the supporters have been hostile to him in any way we are just a little frustrated at the lack of success on the field, well I am. 

• Like 3