IGNORED

Why are we so amateur?

W-S-M Seagull

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Why can't we/Bristol Sport ever seem to get much right? 

Yesterday all the card machines went down at half time. OK these things can happen but when they do happen, there should be an alternative plan of which their clearly wasn't one. I heard staff moaning that their managers phone was off so they didn't know what to do. 

I'm not saying we lost because people couldn't get a half time beer. But it doesn't help the atmosphere does it. 

I read that there were big issues with Robins TV. Although yesterday's issues seemed to be quite severe, there appears to always be problems with Robins TV. 

Downsy continues to mess up on a game by game basis now. It was very clear from early on in his employment that he wasn't up to the job and still we continue to employ him.

I'm sure he's a lovely guy but this whole culture of settling for poor performance simply because someone is a nice person just isn't good enough. 

Again I'm not sure we can blame defeats on these things, but not having high standards throughout the club/Bristol Sport is not like to breed success is it? It's just all too cosy. 

We then have the ongoing issues with the PA which is simply not good enough. 

But ultimately, whilst things can happen which are out of the clubs/Bristol Sports hands, the communication is constantly shocking. Communication is within our own hands and it's something we constantly fail at. 

It's just not good enough at all.

The Lansdowns.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yesterday all the card machines went down at half time. OK these things can happen but when they do happen, there should be an alternative plan of which their clearly wasn't one. I heard staff moaning that their managers phone was off so they didn't know what to do. 

I'm not saying we lost because people couldn't get a half time beer. But it doesn't help the atmosphere does it. 

I read that there were big issues with Robins TV. Although yesterday's issues seemed to be quite severe, there appears to always be problems with Robins TV. 

Downsy continues to mess up on a game by game basis now. It was very clear from early on in his employment that he wasn't up to the job and still we continue to employ him.

I'm sure he's a lovely guy but this whole culture of settling for poor performance simply because someone is a nice person just isn't good enough. 

Again I'm not sure we can blame defeats on these things, but not having high standards throughout the club/Bristol Sport is not like to breed success is it? It's just all too cosy. 

But ultimately, whilst things can happen which are out of the clubs/Bristol Sports hands, the communication is constantly shocking. Communication is within our own hands and it's something we constantly fail at. 

Are you sure you cant blame defeat on these things!!!!! Really

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

At one stage we started bringing quite a bit more in-house a few years before Covid.

Has this gone into reverse somewhat? I appreciate an organisation can't bring everything in-house but outsourcing can in the long run outsource pride, loyalty etc and staff can start go through the motions a bit.

The catering operation is franchised and staff are, as Rob notes, provided by an agency. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

Possibly. I may have misremembered this but were stewards at one time being provided by an agency, but are now mainly on contract to Bristol Sport?  

Perhaps that then, perhaps I'm equating some departments with all.

Either way you outsource to agency and in the medium to long run, you risk loyalty and standards dipping.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps that then, perhaps I'm equating some departments with all.

Either way you outsource to agency and in the medium to long run, you risk loyalty and standards dipping.

Feel for the staff as well. My niece works in the bars and is given 24 hours' notice that she's required to work. Makes it impossible to plan her weekends. If you say you aren't available, they stop using you.  

Zero hours contracts are the bane of the UK. 

• Like 9

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

Feel for the staff as well. My niece works in the bars and is given 24 hours' notice that she's required to work. Makes it impossible to plan her weekends. If you say you aren't available, they stop using you.  

My niece is also working there, not sure how much notice she gets for when she is required, but it all seems a bit last minute. 

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

My niece is also working there, not sure how much notice she gets for when she is required, but it all seems a bit last minute. 

They can be Juan Kerrs as well. Didn't let my niece take a break during 12 hours on shift during the Killers' gig. 

To follow up on my SLO post, not only has he not logged in since September 19th but he appears to have answered just the one q on here a popular medium since August 8th, aka from August 9th to present the only q answered was that September 19th one.

Granted it maybe problems down the chain but.. 

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

7 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I wish the tills were down.  A pasty so bad I think it was leftover from the days of Lidneys catering, two hot drinks a coke and some crisps came to £15. 

Without picking a fight there are plenty of places on the way to the ground where you can stock up on food .but not everyone has the chance Togo shopping before the game 

A successful business, especially one in the entertainment business should really sweat the small stuff. Because it's these seemingly insignificant things in isolation that can make or break someone's experience on the day in isolation, or put someone off coming to AG again completely. Using some of the examples given in this thread, imagine one person has come down to the game yesterday and been stuck outside the south stand in a massive queue, gone in and got an inedible pie, sat in the Dolman trying to hear the pre match team announcements but can't make it out due to the tannoy, gone to got a pint at half time but can't because the card machines have gone down, gone back to their seat and through a tinny tannoy heard Downsy announce the wrong subs. 
That in anybody's book is a bad experience, and probably about £35 a pop. We should be working hard to give the best possible match day experience and good progress has been made with things like the fans village and sports bar but some of these problems like the tannoy, like incorrect subs have been going on for years now. 

It really feels like the whole club is settled in a mid table mentality now all over the place. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

7 hours ago, 2015 said:

Takes about 10 minutes to get through the turnstiles in the South Stand at every game now. Massive queues since the West Brom match.

I've changed my routine so I arrive at about 45min before ko so I can get in easily. I've got my NFC scanning mastered and have managed to gain entry in about 3 seconds the last two games. It doesn't take many people having issues for queues to build as more people arrive. Either people realise it might be in their interests to try to turn up a bit earlier (probably happening to a limited extent) or queues will persist. Next season I imagine it will be worse if fewer people opt for a season card (assuming it will be charged to them).

23 minutes ago, Slack said:

Does anyone know why the screen is now smaller? With the adverts round the side it actually is hard to see from parts of the ground 

They've done that before - in fact I don't really remember the last time it was full size. I thought the screens were for the benefit of fans, but it turns out they'd rather earn a few quid per game than give the fans (especially older ones) a screen they can acually see properly. I can't see the adverts clearly either, so if you're paying for them, you're chucking your cash down the drain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Guys I work in the bars , we get a months notice on shifts then a reminder a week before the match day.

we had an internet issue yesterday which stopped us processing sales.

ive seen posts about a plan B but no one here as suggested any, there is not a plan b when your cashless and have no internet.

the bars do not use agency all staff are local young people generally given there first opportunity working.

from what I saw yesterday the supporters behaved like animals shouting and swearing at staff and some people trying to jump over the bars to get a drink.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bcfccity said:

Guys I work in the bars , we get a months notice on shifts then a reminder a week before the match day.

ive seen posts about a plan B but no one here as suggested any, there is not a plan b when your cashless and have no internet.

the bars do not use agency all staff are local young people generally given there first opportunity working.

from what I saw yesterday the supporters behaved like animals shouting and swearing at staff and some people trying to jump over the bars to get a drink.

image.thumb.jpeg.0a25437905727ff6965d6ab36dbce9ac.jpeg

you ain’t lived! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Bcfccity said:

I'm not lying. My niece works in the Dolman and she gets a day notice. Had to cancel plans involving my family last Saturday to man the bar for rugby. 

Perhaps not all staff are agency. She is. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm not lying. My niece works in the Dolman and she gets a day notice. Had to cancel plans involving my family last Saturday to man the bar for rugby. 

Perhaps not all staff are agency. She is. 

For all fixtures this season the bars in the concourse have not used agency it’s a fact, especially for rugby when it’s has not been as busy. I would guess the short notice is from the agency and maybe for a different department. But I do agree with you a days notice is not good at all. I’ve worked there for 2 season and the bars I work in have not had agency since half way through last season.

23 minutes ago, Bcfccity said:

It depends partly on how the tills get their connectivity for an alternative.

Bit like WiFi v 5G on your phone when you're at home.

But it could have been an issue other than connectivity and possibly not owing to any failure in BS3.

41 minutes ago, Bcfccity said:

For all fixtures this season the bars in the concourse have not used agency it’s a fact, especially for rugby when it’s has not been as busy. I would guess the short notice is from the agency and maybe for a different department. But I do agree with you a days notice is not good at all. I’ve worked there for 2 season and the bars I work in have not had agency since half way through last season.

She'd certainly agree with you about the twatty behaviour of some "customers". :facepalm:

10 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

She'd certainly agree with you about the twatty behaviour of some "customers". :facepalm:

Sadly lots of people are just rubbish.

No manners, no willingness to show any courtesy at all to people doing minimum wage jobs.

First game of the season there was understandably a massive queue trying to work out the new entry system so what really helped were a couple of ***** swearing at the steward who was trying to help & shouting “this club is shit”.

I mean these were obviously the people in power who made these type of decisions, not the poor sods who took the brunt of morons’ anger.

Pond life.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I would have thought that a plan b for card readers not working would be the option to pay with cash, I know its not for everyone these days but plenty were offering to pay by cash yesterday. Must have been a fair bit of revenue lost yesterday.

They clearly never considered the system failing and pressumably don't have the infrastructure in place to handle cash through their POS system, which is mental. Iceberg? What iceberg?

And re so called supporters acting like animals, identify and ban the worst of them if you can. Anyone threatening staff or trying to steal drinks should be kicked into touch.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

They clearly never considered the system failing and pressumably don't have the infrastructure in place to handle cash through their POS system, which is mental. Iceberg? What iceberg?

And re so called supporters acting like animals, identify and ban the worst of them if you can. Anyone threatening staff or trying to steal drinks should be kicked into touch.

Given the ticketing system failed last season in a cup game (Swansea) and the card system failed in hospitality Vs Preston, why am I not surprised nothing has been put in place should these issues reoccur.  

11 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Imagine the alternative of card machines,be something along the lines of paper notes and things called coins people used to use that didn’t go wrong 

• Like 6