IGNORED

Alex Scott Article in the Evil

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/alex-scott-bournemouth-bristol-city-8800035

“You’ve got to think about where you’re going to be, you sort of get in your own head, like you know you’ve got to think, ‘yeah, at this point I’m probably going to be still at Bristol City for the coming season’. It’s tough to get your head around things like that but thankfully the move did happen eventually".

Disrespectful? Just me? Probably. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

Not at all, this is an ambitious player who had his heart set on a move to the premier league - only natural you’d be disappointed if the move didn’t happen. He hasn’t thrown his toys out the pram when he felt the move might not happen - it’s understandable to think that’s hard to deal with 

• Like 7

Was it not obvious at the last match last season that Scott had decided he was going to move on?

why else would you act as he did, showing his appreciation to the fans and basically saying goodbye.

I personally am thankful to have seen such a talented and modest young man wear the shirt, and I am looking forward to watching his progress when he is fully fit.

• Admin
53 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Was it not obvious at the last match last season that Scott had decided he was going to move on?

why else would you act as he did, showing his appreciation to the fans and basically saying goodbye.

I personally am thankful to have seen such a talented and modest young man wear the shirt, and I am looking forward to watching his progress when he is fully fit.

Hate to say in hindsight it is pretty clear. 

Was it a coincidence he didn't have a great game that day and made an absolute howler for Burnleys goal?

It was certainly not something he'd done at any other time, but a terrible lack of concentration that would indicate his mind was elsewhere 

I think he is just being honest. He is not a local lad or a Bristol City fan and never pretended otherwise. I think anyone who knew that a massive salary increase and a more prestigious opportunity was on the horizon would find it tough to re-commit to their current if it fell through. He very clearly - and probably rightly - felt ready for a premier league move so it would have been an adjustment had he not got it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

You didn't want to quote the bit from just before that where he specifically addresses respect/disrespect?

“It is tough and I think the longer it goes on, the tougher it gets,” Scott told the BBC. “There was a lot of noise in the summer regarding my future and stuff and, for me, I really wanted to be as respectful as possible to Bristol City because of what they’ve done for me, the whole club, the staff, the players. And I wanted to go about it in a way that wasn’t disrespectful.

“And I think I did that. I trained every time I could, I played in all the pre-season games, did everything right, but the longer it goes on, and you’re wanting the move, but it’s almost looking like it’s not going to happen, it does get tough."

Ambition doesn't automatically equate to disrespect. Like Reid, Bryan, Kelly and others Scott's development outpaced the Club's development. It's therefore fair that he wanted a move, and he was clearly conscious that he should remain professional as he and his agent/advisors sorted that out.

Ease up there fella, we will have less of that nonsense on here.... Don't quote everything as it won't suit ffs.

8 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/alex-scott-bournemouth-bristol-city-8800035

“You’ve got to think about where you’re going to be, you sort of get in your own head, like you know you’ve got to think, ‘yeah, at this point I’m probably going to be still at Bristol City for the coming season’. It’s tough to get your head around things like that but thankfully the move did happen eventually".

Disrespectful? Just me? Probably. 

Nope not just you, I thought the same too. 
Actually thought that particular bit made him seem a bit of a spoilt brat. Oh yes how terrible that in August there was a chance of you having to potentially remain at City for another few months at a club that adored you before you inevitably got bought.

I guess the rest of the article balances things out but the bits you quoted did irk me but then again I’m a right miserable sod. 

25 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think he is just being honest. He is not a local lad or a Bristol City fan and never pretended otherwise. I think anyone who knew that a massive salary increase and a more prestigious opportunity was on the horizon would find it tough to re-commit to their current if it fell through. He very clearly - and probably rightly - felt ready for a premier league move so it would have been an adjustment had he not got it. 

From what we saw / heard from Alex, it might’ve been tough, but that doesn’t mean not achievable.  I think he’d have got on with it…just like he did during pre-season.  There was no lack of commitment, if anything he was on fire, great testament to him imho.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Hate to say in hindsight it is pretty clear. 

Was it a coincidence he didn't have a great game that day and made an absolute howler for Burnleys goal?

It was certainly not something he'd done at any other time, but a terrible lack of concentration that would indicate his mind was elsewhere 

Hmm think that’s guesswork tbh. He just made a mistake as all players do, including him in other games if not perhaps of that size.
He knew he would likely be leaving well before that game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mendip City said:

Let’s not pretend the club wasn’t at least as keen to cash in as Scott was keen to leave so it was win/win. The only losers being us fans! 

And the rest of his playing colleagues were also losers. They, certainly, knew that to keep Scott in our team would increase win bonuses, results and possible promotion. All attention and rewards were not limited to him alone. The squad would get bigger scraps of glory and cash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheReds said:

Ease up there fella, we will have less of that nonsense on here.... Don't quote everything as it won't suit ffs.

Sorry, I know context isn't always useful. 

Honestly. Scott is 19/20 and a millionaire. It's a miracle and a testament to his character that he's even thinking about respect/disrespect. 

• Like 3

On 04/10/2023 at 08:30, WWred said:

All of that to join ****ing Bournemouth 🤮

I just wonder if this move is not really going to work out for him. As Ian Wright noted last night, he’s not yet played a minute for them, and at the rate they are going, along with Sheff Utd, they could be a long way from safety and heading back to the Championship. If he’s lucky someone else in the Premier League takes him on at the end of the season if they are relegated, but that depends on how much he actually plays. I appreciate that their coach has had success in Spain with I fancied clubs, but the Premier League is probably consistently tougher than La Liga, and the new owners clearly will not want relegation as that messes with all of their wider financial plans.

Bournemouth play Wolves and Burnley in the next 2 fixtures. They could probably do with winning both of those as the 3 after are Liverpool (cup), Man City and Newcastle. 

Reckon they’ll be after a new Guy by bonfire night…

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Bournemouth play Wolves and Burnley in the next 2 fixtures. They could probably do with winning both of those as the 3 after are Liverpool (cup), Man City and Newcastle. 

Reckon they’ll be after a new Guy by bonfire night…

Hopefully he will be even worse.

Still think he went too early and to the wrong club. Bournemouth odds on for relegation this year and I can’t see Scott playing that much immediately. He’ll be part of a promotion chasing side next season and receiving a much bigger wage than at City, albeit before crowds half the size of City.But the ‘outstanding Championship prospect’ tag will have gone and instead he’ll be just another promising second string prem player, of which there are many. Kelly hasn’t moved on from Bournemouth or played for England, and I was sure both would follow. Lad should have backed himself and held on a bit longer-  sure he could have made a top half prem side in one move if he’d stayed here another season.

Edited by Bedred31
  • Like 3