IGNORED

Car dealers

SecretSam

Thanks all, FWIW budget c.£14k incl trade in, looking for an automatic hatch or estate, needs to be big enough to carry a bike inside. I'm not a high mileage driver so high miles but newer cars are fine.

Current car is a Kia I bought from Car Giant in London, they were okay. I've had it ten years!

On 09/10/2023 at 08:01, SecretSam said:

Thanks all, FWIW budget c.£14k incl trade in, looking for an automatic hatch or estate, needs to be big enough to carry a bike inside. I'm not a high mileage driver so high miles but newer cars are fine.

Current car is a Kia I bought from Car Giant in London, they were okay. I've had it ten years!

As per above avoid Car Supermarket type places like Carbase etc, you might get a good car/service but chances are you won't.

Again main dealers can be hit or miss, if you're a cash buyer they are less interested in you as they want you on finance.

In my experience the best garages are privately run independent garages who care about your custom and know the cars they are selling.

For your budget and requirements above a good choice would be a 3/4 year old Ford Focus. For that money you will get a decent spec car with low to average mileage and you'll have a choice of hatchback or estate.

19 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Never had any problems with Motorpoint over the bridge just outside Newport, I have bought 3 cars there with no issues and always got good trade in value on my old cars.

:laugh: a former family friend who was 'in the trade' always used to say "Never go over the bridge".

• Haha 1