IGNORED

See it. Hear it. Report it

phantom

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Racism still a thing!? 

I remember bananas being thrown at Clyde Best pretty much everywhere! We have come a long way from the Love Thy Neighbor generation. 

How many non Caucasian players do we have in the first team squad and U21s out of interest?

We have a few but it was quite interesting to see our starting 11 on Wednesday were all Caucasian. In fact all white British/Irish. 
That changed with the subs obviously but I guess it shows how far we have come because an all-white starting 11 is a very very rare thing nowadays. And an all British/Irish one an even rarer thing I’d wager. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 2

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

We have a few but it was quite interesting to see our starting 11 on Wednesday were all Caucasian. In fact all white British/Irish. 
That changed with the subs obviously but I guess it shows how far we have come because an all-white starting 11 is a very very rare thing nowadays. And an all British/Irish one an even rarer thing I’d wager. 

Yes I noticed at the time quite unusual. 

We have quite a bevy of non white talent coming through I believe. However the thought that 11 was anything other than happenstance is not credible in my view no matter what. But I do take your point the fact it’s so rare it’s remarkable!

Edited by REDOXO

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’m not calling Pearson a racist by any stretch as he clearly isn’t, but he does come across as a type of manager who likes hard working brexit means brexit type players. 

I’d probably put a bet on that most of his signings, if not all, have been white British or Irish players. 

Edited by Wedontplayinblue
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 24

6 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

I’m not calling Pearson a racist by any stretch as he clearly isn’t, but he does come across as a type of manager who likes hard working brexit means brexit type players. 

I’d probably put a bet on that most of his signings, if not all, have been white British or Irish players. 

I know you're not suggesting that non white british or irish players are not hardworking. 

15 minutes ago, Harry said:

Careful, knowing the EFL, we'll get deducted the three points !😄

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Now we've left the meddling EU we can finally have a blue passport away kit!

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Not that it matters one bit, but if I had to bet, it wouldn’t be Pearson is a Tory/Brexiter. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DaveF said:

One of the most bizarre things I've ever read on otib.

How is it! Pearson isn’t a type of manager to sign flamboyant players is he,

Maybe you missed the brexit part, like Chippenham red said, brexit tackles have become a menacing for hard tackles and players like Roy Keane. 

Just now, Henry said:

Not that it matters one bit, but if I had to bet, it wouldn’t be Pearson is a Tory/Brexiter. 

No, reading up on him and the lifestyle he has, I’d imagine he is more of a Lib Dem / greens type of guy. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Funny how Brexit as a term has now broadened to become synonymous with something uncultured, for want of a better word.

My 12 year old and his mates talk about bad challenges as “Brexit tackles”

Considering 52% of the population voted for it, it’s quite disparaging isn’t it. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

48 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

******* hell. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Admin
28 minutes ago, Harry said:

Considering 52% of the population voted for it, it’s quite disparaging isn’t it. 

28 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

No, 100% not and think it may have come across incorrectly if people think I implied that. 

Valid points, but PLEASE don't turn this into a Brexit discussion 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Robert, Vyner (new contract) Wells (new contract) don't look very white to me

Not that I would even think about it in 2023

For that reason I think this 'see it, hear it, report it' is 100% utterly pointless

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

Valid points, but PLEASE don't turn this into a Brexit discussion 

Phantom, it honestly wasn’t my intention.

I meant brexit means brexit , like the brexit tackles videos.

If anyone goes on YouTube and type brexit tackles they will understand what I meant by that, it wasn’t actually anything to do with brexit itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

That was the Burnley "model" pretty much under Dyche, got them up and kept them up. I think they signed one Belgian lad, but otherwise it was good, solid Brexit Burnleybulldogs what worked for them under Dyche.

I reckon Steve referencing the "Luton model" was a smokescreen, it's Burnley under Dyche and his Blighty bulldogs we're attempting to follow now

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

5 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

I reckon Steve referencing the "Luton model" was a smokescreen, it's Burnley under Dyche and his Blighty bulldogs we're attempting to follow now

Bloody hell @Bristol Oil Services, can you 🙏 🙏 🙏 stop giving Steve Lansdown ideas.

Edited by Sleepy1968

1 hour ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

I'd probably put a bet on that most of his signings, if not all, have been players we could afford and who he thought would be good for the club.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Phantom, it honestly wasn’t my intention.

I meant brexit means brexit , like the brexit tackles videos.

If anyone goes on YouTube and type brexit tackles they will understand what I meant by that, it wasn’t actually anything to do with brexit itself.

My apologies, I'd not heard that terminology before 

Sadly there are some posters that only post on the politics sub forum and have a habit of derailing other discussions