IGNORED

Will Joe Williams start?

Roadrunner

19 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Aftter Joe little out burst after being subed at Rotherham. I wonder if Nigel will put him on the bench or even leave him out. He did not have one of his better games to be fair, so was not surprised when he was subed.

Gardner-Hickman will be excellent for us in CM, surprised so many were critical the other night, his ball for the winner to King was top notch, as was the one to Roberts before and when Bell was played in, great vision. However his free kicks are average, Kal needs to be on them. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85

7 minutes ago, GBF said:

Generally I think Joe Williams has played well by his standards this season, was good at Millwall and Swansea. However he was well below par at Rotherham and if City want to progress he is not the solution 

Totally. We need better and he is also one of the legacy higher earners. I hope he doesn’t start. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Would rather we played Naismith in midfield over Williams and roberts at lcb. Really not keen on Williams. Passing is atrocious, he’s not very quick or mobile and is a walking yellow card. 

Dave, stuff like this pisses me off.

11 starts, 1 sub this season.

IMG_8820.thumb.jpeg.b4499331381d301358cc5f06b3f00314.jpeg

2 yellow cards.  How is that a walking yellow card?

He’s a combative midfielder, he’s gonna pick up the odd one here and there.

Last season he got 9 in the league and got a 1 game suspension when he hit 5.  So what?  In 37 apps (22+15), it’s not really an issue.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4

1 hour ago, GBF said:

Generally I think Joe Williams has played well by his standards this season, was good at Millwall and Swansea. However he was well below par at Rotherham and if City want to progress he is not the solution 

But he’s part of our squad right now and he, as you say, has played well. Everyone has an off day once in a while. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, RedEyez said:

To me it looked like he was more annoyed at his own performance rather than actually being subbed off.

I would like to see TGH in CM though if Tanner is fit. 

He could also have been fuming at the utter ineptitude of the ref? I missed his substitution and reaction when watching (probably checking otib). But he was one of several players getting righly pissed off with the refs "decisions".

• Like 3

Don’t understand this little storm of Williams not playing don’t think he has been bad at all this season , can’t personally see Nige changing the midfield set up away from home as so far it seems to have worked ,

poor against Rotherham I admit but so we’re most of the team . 

• Like 3