IGNORED

City and suicide prevention

phantom

32 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Thank you for having the courage to tell us that. My wife did the the same 25 years ago and you're  probably like me in that there isn't a day goes by without thinking of her. 

@Chessels Chick

I am so sorry to hear that. My heart goes goes out to the pair of you. What you have been through ? Really - none of us can fully appreciate.

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, Wellspokenman said:

I am so sorry to hear that. My heart goes goes out to the pair of you. What you have been through ? Really - none of us can fully appreciate.

It's now 25 years past. I realised when she died that life is a once only event on this planet. Thus one can spend their time looking backward for ever or leave the past where it is and looking forward.

That was how my father dealt with the death of his first wife during childbirth. He never forgot the past but did not let himself be dragged down by it. He always planned forward looking, like holidays, away match trips and planning his garden vegetables.

Even when he was immobile in his last few years, the first question when I visited was "what are you doing this coming weekend" or "are you going to watch City tomorrow". He knew the answer to that.

My first marriage lasted 29 years and my second one has now been trundling along for 22 more. We both know each others past but it's the future that is more important. Live it while you can because there's no second chance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 5

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Thank you for having the courage to tell us that. My wife did the the same 25 years ago and you're  probably like me in that there isn't a day goes by without thinking of her. 

@Chessels Chick

I'm sorry to hear that. 

I can't put into words anything that would be worthy enough to make real sense.

• Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

I don't want to take over this thread but some have interpreted my comment about thinking of late wife every day as a negative.

I remember the good times, holidays, birthdays much more than the bad times.

For instance current wife and I will be discussing future holidays and she'll ask if I've been to a particular place, let's say Munich. Yes I have and then tell her about shopping there and how much was spent by first wife. Oh great is the reply let's go there and I can get some new and expensive clothes!

We both have times in our life when shit happened: two of her long term partners, one the father of her daughter, died within a week of each other. We both lift each up to look forward. Next holiday in a week's time is Severn Beach!

• Robin 1

On 08/10/2023 at 07:37, Chessels Chick said:

My niece took her own life 9 years ago today aged 19 😥

17 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

@Chessels Chick

For me it is only just over a year since my dear wife took her own life. At this stage I cannot imagine any form of new life without her. 

Hopefully no-one on here will ever need thier services but I've found SOBS and Suicide and Co. to be absolute lifesvers for me.

https://uksobs.org/

https://www.suicideandco.org/

Sid 😢

• Robin 1

I'm Sorry to read people's posts of people they love taking their own lives, I've thankfully never had this happen to anyone I know, though i do know  people who have had thoughts and I've even have had them myself.

It's so important to keep talking about this and raising awareness around mental health. The more people who keep talking about it are people who can make a difference I've shared my story on twitter or X as its now known 

the support I got was incredible. Please if anyone is struggling reach out I know it's tough but just getting things off your chest really helps. or even if you write how you are feeling down it can make a big difference. I found once I 

Had written things down it made more sense or better understanding of why I was feeling a certain way. Sending hugs to whoever needs them and even those who don't. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Robin 1