IGNORED

Nakhi

BCFCOFSWEDEN

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Interested in this “moved on” argument.

Sold? Who do you think is buying a 33 year old & for how much, exactly?

Paid up? So we honour his contract (we’re legally obliged to) & then what?
Bring in a replacement? With what? Our owner has made it very clear he won’t spend.

Nahki is a very good professional & useful squad man, he’s made a decent contribution so far this season & if he’s out now for a significant spell, he’ll definitely be missed.

Must admit to being with TR on this one. Came here with a bit of a rep but sadly not really lived up to it. I would let him go at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Must admit to being with TR on this one. Came here with a bit of a rep but sadly not really lived up to it. I would let him go at the end of the season.

He was a panic buy due to the injury to Benik Afobe. We were still in with a shout of the play offs. He has been a model pro but hasn’t scored the goals required.

If Pearson was in charge back then Wells wouldn’t have been bought we would have gone with what we had / given youth a chance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

Some strange opinions on this thread.

Wells has been a model professional through his time here, has been part of our journey in consolidating, transitioning and rejuvenating, is clearly popular with a manager who has been tasked with realigning the whole culture of the club, and is very popular and name-checked regularly by many of our promising young players not least Tommy Conway.

Wells has also played unselfishly, created numerous opportunities for others and has chipped in with a goal ratio akin to most of his career whilst leading our high-press.

He has also taken a paycut to remain here, when he had other options and shown a loyalty to our football club that many others (who are often unbelievably hero-worshipped here) have not.

Pretty unrounded and naive view that he has “not delivered the goods” when you consider the whole context, but not unsurprising unfortunately.

You are probably correct in your opinion. Maybe I for one expected too much.

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Do you mean knob or nob ?........ Just asking

I would think he means Knob as in slang for a mans dangly bits.

Nob is a term for a person of wealth and/or high social standing.

I believe @Top Robin is correct in the terminology used or maybe I'm just being a pedantic Knob/Nob.

I think people underestimate or fail to understand the value of someone like Nakhi off the pitch as well as on.

I have been told that he devotes a large amount of time to talking to the young players coming through and being available for advice. 

On the pitch it's often his running and the space he creates that allows others to play, I hope I am wrong but I think the latter will become more obvious if he is out for a length of time. He doesn't go down easily and he doesn't stay down unnecessarily, so I am afraid that a lot of that workhorse stuff may be falling on Cornick's shoulders for a few weeks.

• Like 10
  • Robin 1

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think people underestimate or fail to understand the value of someone like Nakhi off the pitch as well as on.

I have been told that he devotes a large amount of time to talking to the young players coming through and being available for advice. 

On the pitch it's often his running and the space he creates that allows others to play, I hope I am wrong but I think the latter will become more obvious if he is out for a length of time. He doesn't go down easily and he doesn't stay down unnecessarily, so I am afraid that a lot of that workhorse stuff may be falling on Cornick's shoulders for a few weeks.

Let's just hope the younger players aren't looking for advice on vaccines 🫣

• Haha 1

On 14/10/2023 at 02:18, YorkshireSection said:

PYoung Tommy wouldn't be half the player he is without the influence of Mr Wells.

I remember thinking what an unbelievable partnership they'd formed when they absolutely terrorised Blackburn away last season.

I hope he's back soon.

Maybe the haters will understand his worth when they see Cornick lead the attack instead.

Last I heard was the news on him wasn't great😢

• Sad 1

On 13/10/2023 at 11:57, Port Said Red said:

Spot on. Yes he hasn't scored the goals we would like but it's his whole round contribution that's so important as Nigel has alluded to on many occasions.

• Like 1