IGNORED

Storing Music

Markman

3 hours ago, Markman said:

Sorting out my Vinyl

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band

Do I file under S, or A or H?

I am doing the exact same thing as i am looking to sell my collection.  I file under A.

Next Mr Kid !!!

Edited by BigTone

On 12/10/2023 at 16:59, BigTone said:

Found "Down by the Jetty" by Dr Feelgood this arvo. It also has the programme & ticket from when I saw them at the Colston.  Have done some research and could get circa £150 for it today as it is in pristine condition.  FFS

If you look at my profile picture, you'll see it comes from Canvey Island's finest.

I saw the Feelgoods for the first time when touring Private Practice in 1978. I bought the tour prog as well as the t shirt. I learned the hard way to never leave a prog under the seat during the gig as it might get nicked....it did. I can tell you 45 years later where I was sitting as well!

I'd love to see photos of your tour programme if you have a spare minute.

I saw SAHB (without Alex) around 1995. Zal Clemson on guitar and with the McKenna brothers as well. What a band. If there was a tour prog for that gig, I would have it  f r a m e d!

The SAHB has to be filed under S. End of!

Edited by Norn Iron
More info
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

If you look at my profile picture, you'll see it comes from Canvey Island's finest.

I saw the Feelgoods for the first time when touring Private Practice in 1978. I bought the tour prog as well as the t shirt. I learned the hard way to never leave a prog under the seat during the gig as it might get nicked....it did. I can tell you 45 years later where I was sitting as well!

I'd love to see photos of your tour programme if you have a spare minute.

I saw SAHB (without Alex) around 1995. Zal Clemson on guitar and with the McKenna brothers as well. What a band. If there was a tour prog for that gig, I would have it  f r a m e d!

The SAHB has to be filed under S. End of!

Front page, back page, introduction of band, puzzle page & ticket (1975).  Would have included more pics but some of it not very PC so didn't want to upset some on here

Saw SAHB circa 74/75 also and love them,

20231018_080107.jpg

20231018_080129.jpg

20231018_080154.jpg

20231018_080249.jpg

20231018_080307.jpg

Edited by BigTone
  • Thanks 1

Thanks 

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Front page, back page, introduction of band, puzzle page & ticket (1975).  Would have included more pics but some of it not very PC so didn't want to upset some on here

20231018_080107.jpg

20231018_080129.jpg

20231018_080154.jpg

20231018_080249.jpg

20231018_080307.jpg

Thanks Tone for taking the time to photo and post. 

My Tour prog was the complete opposite! It was a well produced history of the band publication.

I have seen the Feelgoods so many times but never with Wilko. Met him once immediately after a Bierkeller gig and he signed his latest Ice On The Motorway album which I'd taken with me.

49 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Thanks 

My Tour prog was the complete opposite! It was a well produced history of the band publication.

I have seen the Feelgoods so many times but never with Wilko. Met him once immediately after a Bierkeller gig and he signed his latest Ice On The Motorway album which I'd taken with me.

The tour I saw them on was their first from memory.  Wilko was just mental.

7 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Thanks 

In fairness the programme does include a detailed history of the band and lots of photos also. Is probably the best concert programme I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

A real shame now that tickets are digital.Got loads of stubs from years ago.

Keep them and save them with the corresponding artist / album / tour. Its amazing the value they add. Programmes even more along with other memorabilia.

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

A real shame now that tickets are digital.Got loads of stubs from years ago.

Same for Season Tickets!

If I can get a hard copy gig ticket rather than a digital version, it's worth the extra cost. They make excellent book marks and trigger off great memories years later when you find them tucked into a book. 

PS - Tone, having the programme and the micro ticket nearly half a century later - respect!

Edited by Renaissance Williams
I've just noticed it is marked "To be retained"!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Renaissance Williams said:

Same for Season Tickets!

If I can get a hard copy gig ticket rather than a digital version, it's worth the extra cost. They make excellent book marks and trigger off great memories years later when you find them tucked into a book. 

PS - Tone, having the programme and the micro ticket nearly half a century later - respect!

Was I habit I got into for some bizarre reason

On 12/10/2023 at 12:54, Markman said:

Sorting out my Vinyl

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band

Do I file under S, or A or H?

Yeah, it's S, or H if you have any of his solo work.

Nowadays you have to look artists up to check if they are a band or a solo artist: for example, it was only a couple of months ago, I realised Pennsylvanian AOR tunesmith Weyes Blood was a singer/songwriter, not a band. Conversely, I thought Dutch noiseniks Pip Blom was the name of a person. It is, but it's also her band's name. 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Yeah, it's S, or H if you have any of his solo work.

Nowadays you have to look artists up to check if they are a band or a solo artist: for example, it was only a couple of months ago, I realised Pennsylvanian AOR tunesmith Weyes Blood was a singer/songwriter, not a band. Conversely, I thought Dutch noiseniks Pip Blom was the name of a person. It is, but it's also her band's name. 

12 hours ago, BigTone said:

20231018_080107.jpg

20231018_080129.jpg

20231018_080154.jpg

20231018_080249.jpg

20231018_080307.jpg

Thanks Tone; that brings back some memories! I was at that gig too (still blame that, and one by J Geils Band, for the current state of my hearing!).

I loved the band - saw them in a pub in North London mid 70s too - and I had a friend at the time who came from Canvey Island and managed to get us into a gig there too! Great days!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, italian dave said:

Thanks Tone; that brings back some memories! I was at that gig too (still blame that, and one by J Geils Band, for the current state of my hearing!).

I loved the band - saw them in a pub in North London mid 70s too - and I had a friend at the time who came from Canvey Island and managed to get us into a gig there too! Great days!

Never saw them again as I moved to Australia about a week after the gig.