IGNORED

Steve Torpey, Man City to Brentford

11 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Not aggressive enough for a front man for me, did play a blinder against Swindon I recall 

Suffered a truly horrendous injury on debut after scoring, not sure we ever saw the player we thought we’d signed.

Saying that he was slow & very mechanical, nothing ever looked like he did it naturally.

Scored a fair few in the Ward promotion season but even that year he missed a lot of games through injury.

• Flames 1

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Suffered a truly horrendous injury on debut after scoring, not sure we ever saw the player we thought we’d signed.

Saying that he was slow & very mechanical, nothing ever looked like he did it naturally.

Scored a fair few in the Ward promotion season but even that year he missed a lot of games through injury.

Grimsby away on the opening day of the season, wasn’t it? I was there and remember him scoring from outside the box for probably the only time in his City career. Pretty sure he clashed heads with Mark Lever, who joined us not long after. 

• Robin 1

Yes first game of the season at Grimsby ( cleethorpes ) also remember being sat in pub garden just down the road with my lad loads of city but the thing I remember most it was fxxking boiling 🥵 not a cloud in the sky , now you want say that often up there right on the coast it’s usually freezing . 

Edited by redkev

I vividly recall a cup match v Everton where him and David Unsworth went at it toe to toe. No quarter asked or given from either player. A real old fashioned CB v CF battle and to the ref`s credit he just let them get on with it. They went off at the end with their arms round each other`s shoulders - mutual respect from one hard man to another.

You wouldn`t see it today - both would be booked in the first ten minutes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I vividly recall a cup match v Everton where him and David Unsworth went at it toe to toe. No quarter asked or given from either player. A real old fashioned CB v CF battle and to the ref`s credit he just let them get on with it. They went off at the end with their arms round each other`s shoulders - mutual respect from one hard man to another.

You wouldn`t see it today - both would be booked in the first ten minutes.

Did they go on to make Man-Love I wonder?

Oh I do wonder!

• Haha 1