IGNORED

we have escaped the clutches of sky till nearly christmas

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

all EFL Sky live games have been announced up to the 18 December.

Alternatively, "Sky still don't think City are very good".

Post Christmas I'd like us to be royally peed off every week with Sky moving our games all over the place. Why? Because they'll only feature us if we're well into the top 6 and gunning for promotion. Thinking about it, I'm not even sure that will get us featured that much!

• Admin
11 hours ago, Northern Red said:

We have to have 4 home games shown as part of the contract, though that can include midweek games which wouldn't need to move.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Hull game just before Christmas is on, it's already been shifted to the Friday night.

This caught my eye

Are you sure about this, or am I misunderstanding what you mean in that this includes red button games? 

The Hull game wasn't moved by Sky so unlikely it would be chosen 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Just wait till next season

FIVE of the twelve weekend fixtures will be live on Sky, spread over Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday.

I can see season card sales taking a dip if OUR fixtures are going to messed about Friday to Monday.

Sadly though season tickets would have been purchased a long time before any fixtures are chosen for TV coverage 

What will be interesting is how much the club will highlight this point when it comes to sales announcements.... I suspect little to no mention for fear of losing any potential sales 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

This caught my eye

Are you sure about this, or am I misunderstanding what you mean in that this includes red button games? 

The Hull game wasn't moved by Sky so unlikely it would be chosen 

It doesn't include red button, but midweek games picked to be shown on Sky do count, eg the game at Rotherham the other week would have counted towards their minimum quota. Last season our 4 were Cardiff, Sheff Utd (which was midweek), Blackpool and Middlesbrough. Obviously if we were seriously challenging at the top we'd get a lot more than 4 shown.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I wonder what happens when a game is called off like last night`s at Rotherham. Does that still count as one of their four as it was beyond Sky`s control or do they get another one now to still get four?

Depends if Sky decide to show it when it's rescheduled, they aren't obliged to if it's not convenient. If they don't show it they can pick another game.