IGNORED

advice on tickets if your heading to the euros next summer(2024)

Never to the dark side

I am not a member of the England club,the EURO sight says you are allowed to apply for tickets to ALL the venues.

Although I thought in the past you could purchase tickets by your country.

So if I apply for all 35 group games at 30 euros per ticket,that's a grand total 1,050 euros

"If" I got ALL the tickets applied for,that would mean I got each England ticket for 350 euros

would it be worth taking a chance?

because  if I bought the tickets from the touts OUTSIDE of the stadium

there would no chance they were genuine tickets

and they would be charging approx 300 euros per England ticket 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Isn’t there a rule that you can’t have tickets for two games on the same day?

There certainly has been in previous tournaments, aside from Qatar, where the rule was modified to ‘you can’t have tickets for consecutive games on the same day’ (but you could for games 1 and 3 if there were games with three different kick off times on the same day). 

Edited by North London Red

Just had a look at the World cup in Germany in 2006

No game kicked off before 3pm,considering that was a world wide audience

Considering that this tournament is for a mainly European audience,don't think they would schedule games before 3pm

So it could look something like 3pm 5pm 7pm and 9pm

although there are only 3 games per day up till the last two days of the group stages when there will four games each day

• SC&T Board Members
6 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Just had a look at the World cup in Germany in 2006

No game kicked off before 3pm,considering that was a world wide audience

Considering that this tournament is for a mainly European audience,don't think they would schedule games before 3pm

So it could look something like 3pm 5pm 7pm and 9pm

although there are only 3 games per day up till the last two days of the group stages when there will four games each day

Those final group-stage games will surely be played simultaneously on the respective days. So, I'd suggest that there will be no need for 4 KO times. It may therefore end up as 3pm, 6pm and 9pm (it's already confirmed that the opening game will be a 9pm kick-off / 8pm UK time).

On 21/10/2023 at 11:57, Never to the dark side said:

I am not a member of the England club,the EURO sight says you are allowed to apply for tickets to ALL the venues.

Although I thought in the past you could purchase tickets by your country.

So if I apply for all 35 group games at 30 euros per ticket,that's a grand total 1,050 euros

"If" I got ALL the tickets applied for,that would mean I got each England ticket for 350 euros

would it be worth taking a chance?

because  if I bought the tickets from the touts OUTSIDE of the stadium

there would no chance they were genuine tickets

and they would be charging approx 300 euros per England ticket 

You can cut that down a bit, if you assume england will be one of the 5 top seeds, along with Germany 

37 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Those final group-stage games will surely be played simultaneously on the respective days. So, I'd suggest that there will be no need for 4 KO times. It may therefore end up as 3pm, 6pm and 9pm (it's already confirmed that the opening game will be a 9pm kick-off / 8pm UK time).

I'd have said that was right - and if the first game is a 9pm KO then it might be fair to assume that that is the TX slot for the top match each day - so look at the top seeds and assume they will be playing at 9?

18 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I'd have said that was right - and if the first game is a 9pm KO then it might be fair to assume that that is the TX slot for the top match each day - so look at the top seeds and assume they will be playing at 9?

Possibly, but englands kick offs at major tournaments have always been across different ko times 

• Thanks 1

• SC&T Board Members
14 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Blagdon red:

On Saturday the 15 June there are three games,surely they would not play them simultaneously?

They would be spread over three different kick off times

Yes, as on other days with 3 games. My guess: 3pm, 6pm and 9pm.

My point was that the final group-stage games in each group will be played simultaneously (to avoid any match-fixing). So, there will be no need for a fourth kick-off time.

• SC&T Board Members
3 minutes ago, KendrickDNB said:

There’s no choice to choose top seeds it’s completely random still

Presumably, as Germany are A1, the top seeds in each of the other groups will be B1, C1 and so on.

If you believe that England (or whichever nation you support) will be a top seed, you could thus apply only for the group games featuring those teams and not, for instance, for games like A2 vs A3 or E3 vs E4.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Presumably, as Germany are A1, the top seeds in each of the other groups will be B1, C1 and so on.

If you believe that England (or whichever nation you support) will be a top seed, you could thus apply only for the group games featuring those teams and not, for instance, for games like A2 vs A3 or E3 vs E4.

For the first time this tournament, there is a draw for which group a team is in, then a second draw for which position in that group, so providing England win their last two qualifiers, the only thing we know for certain is that they won’t be in group A, but could be in any other group, in any position. 

• Sad 1

KnowleUtd City

Going by what you have stated above if I applied for the E60 tickets

in B1

C1 or D1 (two games on this day)

E1

F1

THEN

B1 or C1 two games on this day

D1

E1 or F1 two games on this day

THEN

B1

C1 or D1 two games on this day

That's ten games at E60 each making a grand total of E600

I would have a good chance of getting England tickets

• SC&T Board Members
30 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Now we’re in the age of digital tickets I wonder how easy it’ll be to swap tickets with other fans.

There’s bound to be fans with tickets in the wrong locations, it’d make sense to have a swapping webpage. 

UEFA have already said that there will be an official resale platform, so there should be no issues with 'offloading' spares (at face value). Similarly, tickets that you may want may also become available through that platform. Whether it will offer the ability to link buyers and sellers remains to be seen.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

UEFA have already said that there will be an official resale platform, so there should be no issues with 'offloading' spares (at face value). Similarly, tickets that you may want may also become available through that platform. Whether it will offer the ability to link buyers and sellers remains to be seen.

Oh that’s good and should help out @Never to the dark side if he goes down the multiple ticket route.

I must admit I’ve always been lucky going through the UEFA website in the week leading up to games. They always seem to get late returns, usually in what would be more corporate seats that cost a bit more but still cheaper than buying cheap seats from a tout or re sell site.

6 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

Yeah I applied with that logic, then sadly afterwards read somewhere that it’s still completely random and not on a seeded basis.

Germany being A1 doesn’t mean top seed it’s just a placement allocation amongst the other blank spaces

16 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

KnowleUtd City

Going by what you have stated above if I applied for the E60 tickets

in B1

C1 or D1 (two games on this day)

E1

F1

THEN

B1 or C1 two games on this day

D1

THEN

B1

C1 or D1 two games on this day

That's ten games at E60 each making a grand total of E600

I would have a good chance of getting England tickets

England can literally be in any group, in any position, except for Group A. (assuming we beat Macedonia & Malta).

So by applying for the games you mention, of course you will have a chance of one of them being England, but the odds are still against you.