IGNORED

Dwindling Communication…

Pedrowe

I'm quite baffled by the current lack of communication from the Lansdowns. Back in the 2000s, Steve Lansdown was actively involved with the OTIB community. I remember the "Ask SL" subforum, regular Q&A sessions throughout the season, and even away Q&A sessions, like the one in a pub in Bradford around 2012 where both Jon and Steve both participated. I think there was one in Nottingham as well, wasn't there?
Additionally, Steve used to address fans on the pitch at the first and last games of the season and frequently gave interviews on BBC Radio Bristol, either on match days or with Geoff Twentyman on Sound of the City/Twentyman Talks Back.

We were often considered a good example of communication between owners and the fan base in conversations with rival fans. However, it seems like all of that has faded away now to naff all. There are numerous conspiracy theories circulating, especially about takeovers, but regardless of the cause, it's been quite a dramatic shift.

It's a shame that Twentyman has retired because I would really appreciate some robust questioning if the BBC manages to persuade someone at the Club to give an interview!

• Like 10

The Fans Forum although SL wasn't there last year was excellent IMO.

However yes there is a sense of drift and stagnation in the areas excluding the football side. He spoke go Radio Bristol in August 2022, did his interview on Radio Bristol before the Sijfrrlsnd game and did the same before the Burnley game in April.

Gould appeared on a podcast too, 3 Peaps after that game.

What a difference a year makes, he was replaced with a fairly invisible CEO, now no dedicated CEO at all...spoke to us fans about the Scott thing via Radio Guernsey, has the Fans Forum been announced yet?

2 hours ago, Pedrowe said:

I'm quite baffled by the current lack of communication from the Lansdowns. Back in the 2000s, Steve Lansdown was actively involved with the OTIB community. I remember the "Ask SL" subforum, regular Q&A sessions throughout the season, and even away Q&A sessions, like the one in a pub in Bradford around 2012 where both Jon and Steve both participated. I think there was one in Nottingham as well, wasn't there?
Additionally, Steve used to address fans on the pitch at the first and last games of the season and frequently gave interviews on BBC Radio Bristol, either on match days or with Geoff Twentyman on Sound of the City/Twentyman Talks Back.

We were often considered a good example of communication between owners and the fan base in conversations with rival fans. However, it seems like all of that has faded away now to naff all. There are numerous conspiracy theories circulating, especially about takeovers, but regardless of the cause, it's been quite a dramatic shift.

It's a shame that Twentyman has retired because I would really appreciate some robust questioning if the BBC manages to persuade someone at the Club to give an interview!

He simply does not care about the fans now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

We have a head of communications AND a director of communications across City and Bristol Sport.

The flip they do all day?

I’m not in the mood to defend anyone outside football operations. But part of that job is to advise your senior management on comms (we know Lansdown doesn’t do advice) and the other is to communicate (or not) what your senior management wants to be communicate. 

This entire mess is firmly at the feet of the Lansdown family.

• Like 10
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The Fans Forum although SL wasn't there last year was excellent IMO.

However yes there is a sense of drift and stagnation in the areas excluding the football side. He spoke go Radio Bristol in August 2022, did his interview on Radio Bristol before the Sijfrrlsnd game and did the same before the Burnley game in April.

Gould appeared on a podcast too, 3 Peaps after that game.

What a difference a year makes, he was replaced with a fairly invisible CEO, now no dedicated CEO at all...spoke to us fans about the Scott thing via Radio Guernsey, has the Fans Forum been announced yet?

None of this makes any sense at all.

I've spoken to SL myself a few times when I've bumped into him, he's always been happy to talk, until now (unless you're a rugby fan)

• Like 2

The only comms we’ve had from anyone senior within the Bristol Sport group has come from Mark Kelly, where he responded to Dave Fevs tweet with a rather odd defensive manoeuvre - somehow equating the contract situation of the football club manager with the basketball team. 

How bizarre 

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

None of this makes any sense at all.

I've spoken to SL myself a few times when I've bumped into him, he's always been happy to talk, until now (unless you're a rugby fan)

It is very odd isn't it. Worrying too, as a rudderless leadership among top management can eventually begin to impact on the footballing side.

The more I think about it there has to be a valid reason for it. How do you make that many billions without knowing a thing or two about customer service? Then there’s the shareholder thing, don’t they have to be told first? Other than a takeover, what other feasible reasons could there be. “We like having Nigel as our spokesperson”?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

On the subject of communication - Nigel Pearson press conference today? I think we normally get them before midweek games, and it's at home so there's no travel.

Could be interesting. 

Could be a lot of "no comment" (or verbose statements to that effect).

As long as there are no ostriches present, should be ok. 

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

On the subject of communication - Nigel Pearson press conference today? I think we normally get them before midweek games, and it's at home so there's no travel.

Could be interesting. 

Could be a lot of "no comment" (or verbose statements to that effect).

Wouldn’t be surprised if Phlegm takes it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Yep, and whist people will undoubtedly draw conclusions from that, it should be remembered that he's been doing quite a bit of this stuff recently.

The media room for press conferences is on the first floor at the HPC so a bit difficult for NP to negotiate the stairs apparently, so CF is doing the business. I would have thought they'd have a lift in the building though ?

• Like 1