IGNORED

What is everyone's manager choice if/when Nige leaves?

MrRedRobin

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

3. To be available to us.

I feel I should expand on this.

When I say "available to us", I don't mean out of work. Managers who are out of work are out of work for a reason. Very, very few of those reasons will be good reasons.

No, I mean available to poach.

Find someone who's consistently been outperforming at their level - probably a level lower than ours - and take them. Who is doing not just a good job, but an unexpectedly good job? Who has been doing that for a number of seasons? Who is currently the deciding variable in causing a squad and club to outperform their expected level (ie their wage budget).

Identify that person and see if they're interested.

• Like 1

I’d just be incredibly frustrated. And I really wouldn’t want a manager who wants to tear up the direction of travel of the last three years and start yet another rebuild. 

Basically I think Pearson is doing a good job and should have his contract extended. I’m not going to pretend I’d suddenly start boycotting the club if he went but it would be the most baffling and disappointing decision I could remember in my time as a City fan.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I’d just be incredibly frustrated. And I really wouldn’t want a manager who wants to tear up the direction of travel of the last three years and start yet another rebuild. 

Basically I think Pearson is doing a good job and should have his contract extended. I’m not going to pretend I’d suddenly start boycotting the club if he went but it would be the most baffling and disappointing decision I could remember in my time as a City fan.

I agree with you but I'm pretty sure that for the sake of my sanity I'd be encouraged by my family and friends to take a step away....😂 (is that laughter or tears?)

Btw the appointments of Tinnion, Millen and Holden were decisions every bit as baffling to me...possibly more so.

• Like 4

An appointment like Ryan Mason would be interesting, pretty sure he's available & this would be a great opportunity for him to build his career away from the Spurs caretaker roles.

Will no doubt have great contact & has been around some high-pedigree managers to have developed strong ideas.

4 minutes ago, Jeez said:

An appointment like Ryan Mason would be interesting, pretty sure he's available & this would be a great opportunity for him to build his career away from the Spurs caretaker roles.

Will no doubt have great contact & has been around some high-pedigree managers to have developed strong ideas.

Were more likely to ask sammy mason to take over... 

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Rocky said:

SL supposedly wanted Gerrard whilst he was at Rangers, maybe just paper talk however.  Considering Stevie was managing in front of a crowd of 696 recently, and with more money than he needs, perhaps he'd come back.

I believe we approached either Rangers or Gerrard / his agent, and were given a “nope” in response.  Kid will probably confirm.

• Like 1

I should know better than to suggest an actual name, especially as I'll freely admit to not watching much EFL other than ourselves.

But, on another thread (and it's confusing me that this conversation is happening across multiple threads) I've suggested/queried/brought up Manning at Oxford? I'll copy and paste what I said there:

Yes we turned them over but he's got them 2nd, well outperforming their xG (which I of course know could be a bit flukey) and with a cast iron defence. MOTM in August and doing this with a young squad with an average age of 24.* I've no idea how many have come through Oxford's youth ranks under him (as he's only been there since March I'll assume it's not many) but it's a young squad and they purportedly didn't spend a dime in the summer (other than loan fees).* He's also previously worked as an U23s coach at West Ham, so must surely have some sort of recognition for the power of youth development.

I don't know the details of his methods, his style (FotMob says he use 4231 so not dissimilar to our form), his personality or anything, whether he'd build on the current culture or be willing to work under our terms and conditions. Maybe it's a complete non-starter.

Everyone and anyone is of course welcome to shoot this down with an Exocet, but I'd say he would merit further investigation.

*Source is transfermarkt for both these figures.

Edited by ExiledAjax

4 hours ago, Rocky said:

SL supposedly wanted Gerrard whilst he was at Rangers, maybe just paper talk however.  Considering Stevie was managing in front of a crowd of 696 recently, and with more money than he needs, perhaps he'd come back.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I believe we approached either Rangers or Gerrard / his agent, and were given a “nope” in response.  Kid will probably confirm.

Yeah enquired to Gerrard's agent but he wasn't interested. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Darren Moore would have been a great shout but just taken over at Huddersfield, if we're going to actually change though

Emma Hayes, Sonya Bompastor, Will Still,Matt Gray, David Artell, Ian Evatt 

As random suggestions.

Jesus wept 

How about Roger Rabbit , Krusty the Clown or Homer Simpson ....

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, ray savino said:

Nobody has said Neil Warnock till the end of the season?!!!!! ....  Yet? 

I was thinking Colin. But there isn't a vacancy. NP for me & I'm not sure if SL wants to sell the club that he would get rid of Nigel. He'd leave that to the new owners and/or NP would walk. NP doesn't need the hassle He knows he's got the majority of  fans behind him as he did/has at Leicester. Interesting that for the Keicester game I think fir the 1st time I can recall I saw half & half manager scarves