IGNORED

U21s vs Bournemouth (Away)

Tony Tootle

We are playing Bournemouth away at Wimborne Town’s New Cuthbury this afternoon (1pm kick-off). Entry is free.

Will be interesting to see who is included for our u21s today. I would imagine this will be an opportunity for some of the younger age group players to get a run out, given our dire availability for the first team at the moment. Surely no Yeboah, Mehmeti, Knight-Lebel, Nelson or Idehen given they will probably be on the bench again tomorrow evening.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Tony Tootle said:

We are playing Bournemouth away at Wimborne Town’s New Cuthbury this afternoon (1pm kick-off). Entry is free.

Will be interesting to see who is included for our u21s today. I would imagine this will be an opportunity for some of the younger age group players to get a run out, given our dire availability for the first team at the moment. Surely no Yeboah, Mehmeti, Knight-Lebel, Nelson or Idehen given they will probably be on the bench again tomorrow evening.

Good point re player availability, I certainly hope we're not risking players who may have a role to play tomorrow given the injury crisis.

My other concern is that it's against Bournemouth, and them getting a look at our younger talent rarely ends well for us!🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes, his son I believe. 

Anderson is a new one to me?

Is the Goalkeeper the youngest one that everyone has high hopes for?

Taine Anderson - Has featured a few times for the u21s, left sided defender/midfielder.

Joe Duncan is very highly thought of, I think someone said he was on standby for England u18 a while back.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hup said:

This is what happens when they meet at HPC at 7am spend 3 hours on a coach and are expected to perform. Same away at Charlton. Absolutely ridiculous. 

That takes me back to schoolboy days where there was usually one who didn't make the coach.

The kick off times need to be looked at.

Halft Time 0-3

Edited by bcfc01

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

That takes me back to schoolboy days where there was usually one who didn't make the coach.

The kick off times need to be looked at.

Halft Time 0-3

One player actually did that for the Charlton game and had to train on his own at HPC instead! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hup said:

One player actually did that for the Charlton game and had to train on his own at HPC instead! 

Hup

Clearly you have a good contact within the club, absolutely correct of course.

All part of the cost cutting going on, when the first team travel the day before for games such as Cardiff and Swansea, then players who are expected to demonstrate they are able to challenge for the first team travel on the day for early kick offs it does make you wonder who is making these decisions.

13 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

It would only take 2 hours, you never woke up at 6am for work?? 

No chance are you getting down to Bournemouth in a coach, on a busy morning, in 2 hours. 

Of course people wake up early to go to work but it’s hardly giving the youngster the chance to properly prepare for games when you’re getting them out of bed at the crack of dawn. 

4 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

It would only take 2 hours, you never woke up at 6am for work?? 

Two and half hours at least, I'd say three on a coach.

I go there at least 4 times a year and never done it in two hours whatever route I take and thats from East Bristol not Failand.

Travel like that at that time of the morning isn't conducive to being match sharp imo.

Anyway, 0-4 Full Time.

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Two and half hours at least, I'd say three on a coach.

I go there at least 4 times a year and never done it in two hours whatever route I take and thats from East Bristol not Failand.

Travel like that at that time of the morning isn't conducive to being match sharp imo.

Anyway, 0-4 Full Time.

I don't think the travelling time has as much to do with the result as a few other factors 

Bournemouth are a Premier League outfit, the standards filter down through the age groups.

Despite the presence of a few "names" we also had to complete the line up with 17 and 18 year olds. Players of that age are inconsistent and will almost always struggle physically that's just a fact of life.

What motivation is left in players like Kadji, Pearson and maybe even Taylor-Clarke I am not sure, but constantly turning out at that level with no apparent prospect of advancement must be soul sapping. 

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

What motivation is left in players like Kadji, Pearson and maybe even Taylor-Clarke I am not sure, but constantly turning out at that level with no apparent prospect of advancement must be soul sapping. 

They should have plenty, performances in these games would be what encourages a league 2 club at taking them on, if they want a league career it should be huge motivation

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

They should have plenty, performances in these games would be what encourages a league 2 club at taking them on, if they want a league career it should be huge motivation

Which is why they should also be given the best possible opportunity to prepare correctly.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Hup said:

This is what happens when they meet at HPC at 7am spend 3 hours on a coach and are expected to perform. Same away at Charlton. Absolutely ridiculous. 

The decimation the team faced through half the side being required for tomorrow’s 1st team squad will have had an even larger impact.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Which is why they should also be given the best possible opportunity to prepare correctly.

Absolutely. Like they say - Fail to prepare… 

And yes AFCB would have been a decent side. But City have a good crop too. As highlighted against Spurs. 

Games like these depend on how players are wired… if a few don’t fancy it always going to be an uphill battle - Which by the sounds of it is exactly what happened!! 

Frankly - if they ‘don’t fancy it’ - they should **** off out the Club, the snowflakes. 

Maybe take them to a bakery at 5:00am in the morning to do a hard physical shift and then ask them whether getting up at 6:00 am to kick a football around the pitch for 90 minutes at 1:00 pm is a chore. 

Jesz, I hope Nige doesn’t hear about players ‘not fancying it’.

16 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Frankly - if they ‘don’t fancy it’ - they should **** off out the Club, the snowflakes. 

Maybe take them to a bakery at 5:00am in the morning to do a hard physical shift and then ask them whether getting up at 6:00 am to kick a football around the pitch for 90 minutes at 1:00 pm is a chore. 

Jesz, I hope Nige doesn’t hear about players ‘not fancying it’.

It’s nothing to do with being snowflakes, using your analogy if one firms bakers went out till 2.00am and another firms bakers went to bed at 9pm who do you think would be best prepared for their next shift at 5.00am?

Fact is all players would expect to be given a long rest period prior to playing, they would take on the correct food at the correct time to give them the best chance of giving their best physical performance as well as having taken on board whatever tactics the coaches had decided to employ.

It’s simply downs league standard to make the players travel so early, probably eat on the bus and play to the best of their physical capabilities, not snowflake territory, simply a professional attitude to get the best out of them.