IGNORED

FBC PODCAST: Ipswich [H] the verdict .... another game of fine margins

headhunter

DaveFevs joined Ian Mark and DaveP in discussing the match action and thoughts on off the pitch matters.

A spirited performance but defeat against a newly promoted Ipswich who, on current form, look like they’ll sail past City into the promised land!

Max O’Leary appears to be the villain of the piece for failing to deal with Broadhead’s well struck shot that was the difference between the sides. Fans should cut him some slack in my opinion with his acrobatic save just before the goal and another one-handed stop from Davis at the start of the second half which kept City in the game.

Cornick was unlucky to see his late effort strike the post, goalkeeper’s bank than spin along the line in similar fashion to that effort from Alan Walsh in 1989 League Cup semi before being cleared.

Fevs very much the stat man points out that City’s Xg  was marginally better than Ipswich whilst Ian quotes from Wyscout that we played more forward passes and had more crosses than the visitors but fewer touches in the box.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 2015 said:

The last 15 minutes of this pod are well worth a listen. Great input from Davefevs and Ian about the current state of affairs at the Club.

What a sham.

We might not align on the football stuff too often, but we do on the other side of things.  Not sure how my thoughts came across, but felt like I was “on one” a bit this morning…so apologies if it didn’t come across coherently.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

We might not align on the football stuff too often, but we do on the other side of things.  Not sure how my thoughts came across, but felt like I was “on one” a bit this morning…so apologies if it didn’t come across coherently.

No apology necessary, Dave. Your insight was great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, headhunter said:

I'm glad you have said that, thank you. With Ian, he is what he is and Dave is a good antidote to that.

I always enjoy this podcast, although I probably disagree with what is said more often than not, but that's what makes it a good listen. I thought Dave was excellent on this episode as he does offer a nice balance to some of the more emotional / negative comments - get him on more! I also enjoy Ian's input, he is honest and consistent but I see things slightly differently most times but again that's why I like it. Keep it coming chaps. COYR. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It was a good listen. You summed up the state of affairs well.

• Like 1