IGNORED

Gareth Ainsworth

Chrizzler

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Good L1 and L2 manager. Failed at Championship football now with two clubs. 

I don't dislike the guy from what I've read about him - a real character - but the leap between those divisions for managers is as big as what is expected from players. Some aren't suited.

Seems a bit harsh,,, he got wycombe up, and they gave everything they had, but were unable to compete,, and qpr have been a mess for a while now.

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

Seems a bit harsh,,, he got wycombe up, and they gave everything they had, but were unable to compete,, and qpr have been a mess for a while now.

With a very similar squad Beale managed to get a run of decent performances out of the players.

Gareth is an enthusiastic manager who succeeds by firing up the players but simply doesn't has the tactical ability for the Championship, QPR has had the odd good game under him but in the majority they have been entirely outplayed and out thought.

The board has given him as long as they realistically could to turn it around, before relegation becomes guaranteed, and there have been no signs of that turnaround happening.

11 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I don't dislike the guy from what I've read about him - a real character - but the leap between those divisions for managers is as big as what is expected from players. Some aren't suited.

I've always liked him too, saw him as a manager I wouldn't have minded here in the past, but I think you've nailed it.

5 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Makes complete sense on a short term deal -

Will keep them up.

Even this one might be beyond him!

11 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

As you say, Ainsworth does come across as a nice character, but, footballing reasons aside, I suspect that, due to his long hair and Rock and Roll extracurricular lifestyle, he would be a complete nonstarter as far as SL is concerned.

17 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

As you say, Ainsworth does come across as a nice character, but, footballing reasons aside, I suspect that, due to his long hair and Rock and Roll extracurricular lifestyle, he would be a complete nonstarter as far as SL is concerned.

He always reminds me a bit of Steve Coogan's character Saxondale. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I like his hair, real throwback to the late 60's !   😎

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

He always reminds me a bit of Steve Coogan's character Saxondale. 

45 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I like his hair, real throwback to the late 60's !   😎

I saw this on one of Rovers' forums, which I thought was quite amusing.

Saw Ainsworth in the Thatchers bogs fishing for dog ends, in the urinals, could be worth a punt.

BiwwKtapXHKBdSSZUPPe.png

• Haha 3

On 28/10/2023 at 22:50, Redstart said:

I know they've been crap for a long while, but to sack him after losing to top of the league Leicester and after having a guy sent off too does seem a bit harsh 🙂

I mean we sacked a man who lost 2-0 to a team in 5th and was missing half his squad and had the backing off the b fans despite that. 

• Like 3