IGNORED

Protest Saturday???

formerly known as ivan

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think anyone would contemplate buying BCFC Ltd (football club) without buying Ashton Gate Ltd (stadium) with it.

So Lansdown has to sell BS at the same time, or pay rent for the ground for Rugby, women's and also the basketball development with it. I feel neither are going to happen without some serious negotiation.

Edited by sephjnr

22 hours ago, Matty C said:

Can we not have different opinions without telling people to **** off? I think it is clear the majority of fans think this is a mistake, but there will always be people who disagree, which is okay isn't it?

For the record, I own my own business and I would not appreciate one of my staff (no matter how popular or good they are) questioning the way I run my business and I suspect this is what the Lansdowns really have problems with. 

I personally think that the club is in a much healthier position because of Nige and wish him all the very best

I'm going to make an assumption that the business you own is in a field you know well.  That's the difference. SL built a business from scratch and used the funds generated from scratch to buy something in a field he didn't know well.  If my assumption is right, your business ownership lends more similarity to Hargreaves Lansdown.  I wouldn't expect an employee of HL to be telling SL how to invest any more than one of your employees to question you.

I'm just surprised that on a protest thread we've managed to get to page 8 without anyone saying "I will booo-urns"!  That in itself should tell a story about how angry people are!

11 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

So Lansdown has to sell BS at the same time, or pay rent for the ground for Rugby, women's and also the basketball development with it. I feel neither are going to happen without some serious negotiation.

Correct.

Hence why he only wants to sell the lot.  And nobody wants to buy it the price he wants.

Just now, Topper 123 said:

Look the bloke won 2 home games this season and to be fair the last one we should have been slaughtered and Coventry are a poor side as are Cardiff if we carried on like that by Christmas we’d be facing a relegation fight 

Have you got some kind of mental defect that prevents nuance from entering the brain?

• Like 1

Am I the only 1 who has been leaving ground in last year saying the football is shit and not entertaining.most games been coming out saying we’ve only had 1 shot all game on target, that’s not the football I want to see , so hopefully we enter a new free flowing football that sees exciting football with goals and entertainment but most of all support from the terraces 

4 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Am I the only 1 who has been leaving ground in last year saying the football is shit and not entertaining.most games been coming out saying we’ve only had 1 shot all game on target, that’s not the football I want to see , so hopefully we enter a new free flowing football that sees exciting football with goals and entertainment but most of all support from the terraces 

Looks like it, yes!

As for support from the terraces were you at the game last Wednesday evening? 

3 minutes ago, One Team said:

Good for you, then you’ll know there has been plenty of support this season. 

But same tossers don’t want to support sat do they , they want to protest haha what the fack is that going to achieve NOTHING get behind the young players and cheer em on what the owners do with THEIR CLUB is their choice , they know more than we do 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Topper 123 said:

But same tossers don’t want to support sat do they , they want to protest haha what the fack is that going to achieve NOTHING get behind the young players and cheer em on what the owners do with THEIR CLUB is their choice , they know more than we do 

I thought the Lansdowns would plant someone who can write a little better than you

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

**** off, Steve. 

• Like 2

I’ll be supporting our players and singing for Nigel Pearson. Hope that’s okay with bootlicker customers like you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

You're an imbecile 

I don’t think you will influence people to your way of thinking by calling them “tossers”. 

It’s not their club either. They are mere custodians. It’s ours. We will be here long after their tenure has ended. 

5 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Jesus ******* Christ, makes me feel sick that any supporter could hold a view like this. 

• Robin 10

7 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I'm going to make an assumption that the business you own is in a field you know well.  That's the difference. SL built a business from scratch and used the funds generated from scratch to buy something in a field he didn't know well.  If my assumption is right, your business ownership lends more similarity to Hargreaves Lansdown.  I wouldn't expect an employee of HL to be telling SL how to invest any more than one of your employees to question you.

I'm just surprised that on a protest thread we've managed to get to page 8 without anyone saying "I will booo-urns"!  That in itself should tell a story about how angry people are!

Excellent simpsons reference. Well played!

13 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Founder member of the Official Bristol City Customers Club.

• Like 1