IGNORED

Protest Saturday???

formerly known as ivan

On 29/10/2023 at 15:42, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Then your complicit and the cycle continues.

I think you may have confused yourself - above is your reply to someone who said they won’t be going to the next match ... 

On 29/10/2023 at 15:38, kevinmabbuttshair said:

The only protest this owner will take any notice of is a boycott.Stay away. If you really feel that strongly then walk. If you keep going then you're supporting this decision. 

... then your reply to another poster, above, totally contradicts that - saying people should stay away ... otherwise they support the sacking of NP ...

On 30/10/2023 at 08:42, Spike said:

Sorry but you're so wrong, after spending the best part of 35 years supporting this club I'd say this is one of the worst decisions this club has made in that time and the clearest that they have no understanding of what the fans want and more to the point, they don't care either. 

I don't think I'll even watch the game from home, I won't be buying anything City related going forward. I'm genuinely happy to explore other routes for my footballing fix, clubs in lower leagues, foreign football etc

Think I've finally lost my passion for this club until something big happens at the top that shows the fans matter to the owners. For now Steve can keep paying off the losses himself because he's not getting a penny from me. 

My sentiments exactly.

• Like 1

What I would say is I can't remember the last time that a change of manager - or anything else I can think of - led to quite as many interviews and PR pieces from senior figures at the club as this week, which is even more remarkable given how much much more publicity-shy our board and senior leadership team are these days.

I am wondering if the board are starting to realise the extent to which they've misjudged the mood and reaction of the fanbase...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

What I would say is I can't remember the last time that a change of manager - or anything else I can think of - led to quite as many interviews and PR pieces from senior figures at the club as this week, which is even more remarkable given how much much more publicity-shy our board and senior leadership team are these days.

I am wondering if the board are starting to realise the extent to which they've misjudged the mood and reaction of the fanbase...

I’m struggling to think the last time this happened at ANY club.  

We’ve even had the caretaker undermine the nonsense carefully considered reasoning put forward by the club. I’ve certainly never seen that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mason said:

I have been protesting for years by not attending just following every game on live screen and on here from reports from those there. I will not give SL/JL "The green light" to continue doing what they are doing to this my club.

I respect those that go and "support the players" but you can almost hear JL saying to SL its fine look they are still here our fans.

I know I wont be missed but until they go I will not.

Protesting by not going to support the team you support for years , have the Lansdowns been that bad for years .

I do agree they have made a major boo boo here but be careful what you wish for look at some of the basket case boards / chairman’s out there ( not defending the Lansdowns mind ) 

by the way the Wedlock’s & ship & castle are closed now if your gonna go for a quick pint before the game !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lakeside Red said:

I wanted pearson to stay.

The decision by Jon and the board to sack him without a plan is an absolute joke but Bristol city are my team I don’t think Nige would want us not to get behind them today as  it’s still his team out on the pitch so let’s get behind them for nige 

I think it is possible to support the team and express displeasure to the board. There’s no contradiction there I sincerely doubt there is a player at the club who would perceive chants towards the board or owners as not being “behind the team”.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Lakeside Red said:

I wanted pearson to stay.

The decision by Jon and the board to sack him without a plan is an absolute joke but Bristol city are my team I don’t think Nige would want us not to get behind them today as  it’s still his team out on the pitch so let’s get behind them for nige 

Totally agree , after an initial show of solidarity for Nige towards the board just before kick off and let them know our feelings of how wrong we think they were we should very very quickly put it behind us for 90 minutes and get well and truly behind our team , for all the talk and adversity this week the most important factor today is 3 points end of .

I would much rather have lost Nige and got 3 points than lose Nige lost 3 points and be heading in the direction of Rovers , 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redkev said:

Totally agree , after an initial show of solidarity for Nige towards the board just before kick off and let them know our feelings of how wrong we think they were we should very very quickly put it behind us for 90 minutes and get well and truly behind our team , for all the talk and adversity this week the most important factor today is 3 points end of .

I would much rather have lost Nige and got 3 points than lose Nige lost 3 points and be heading in the direction of Rovers , 

I’m sorry but that’s emotionally manipulative nonsense and an attempt to bully those who are angry into silence on the false premise that a show of frustration against the board - NOT the team - will somehow be to blame if we get a bad result.

We all want 3 point today but, if we don’t get them, that will be 100% on the poor leadership decisions of the club and 0% on a single fan.

If you don’t want to voice your displeasure at the decision, that is your prerogative. And if you want to but lack the courage to do so, that’s fine too. But admit that and be honest with yourself rather than pretending there is some unity or solidarity in not voicing it. And don’t - for a single minute - try to claim those fans that want to speak out are somehow not supporting the team as well as you are.

• Like 6