IGNORED

The Return

Good morning ladies & Gents. 

I thought it would be a good time to jump back on here with all that’s going on. Plenty of speculation and plenty of comments that aren’t a million miles away from the truth. 

Saturday morning I was told if we weren’t to get anything at Cardiff he would be sacked. I was also told that Gary Rowett will be appointed but as I’m aware up untill Saturday he was the only one that’s held talks, but other agents have been sounded out.

The fall out with Pearson has been on going for a number of weeks, it was made clear for everyone to see that there wasn’t going to be a new deal on the table for him and the board started to look elsewhere.

Sunday morning was the final nail in the coffin for Nige when a meeting was held, members of board wanted him to bring or look at free agents, when NP turned round and basically told them to stick it after not having funds to bring in more players in the summer. 

Nige has has a great relationship with the players and is very much loved by them, I’m really disappointed as I feel he’s the only relatable person at the club, he gets it, he’s the only person we ever hear from. Gutted to say the least.

Cheers Shags x

3 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

I thought it would be a good time to jump back on here with all that’s going on. Plenty of speculation and plenty of comments that aren’t a million miles away from the truth. 

Saturday morning I was told if we weren’t to get anything at Cardiff he would be sacked. I was also told that Gary Rowett will be appointed but as I’m aware up untill Saturday he was the only one that’s held talks, but other agents have been sounded out.

The fall out with Pearson has been on going for a number of weeks, it was made clear for everyone to see that there wasn’t going to be a new deal on the table for him and the board started to look elsewhere.

Sunday morning was the final nail in the coffin for Nige when a meeting was held, members of board wanted him to bring or look at free agents, when NP turned round and basically told them to stick it after not having funds to bring in more players in the summer. 

Nige has has a great relationship with the players and is very much loved by them, I’m really disappointed as I feel he’s the only relatable person at the club, he gets it, he’s the only person we ever hear from. Gutted to say the least.

Cheers Shags x

I have no idea who you are or what you know - but this post would have carried so much more substance if it were posted before the Cardiff game.

I already know that he's getting sacked if we didn't get anything at Cardiff..!

And the Rowett rumours have been circulating for a couple of weeks.

Interesting reference to the OOC player suggestion - I've been thinking this for weeks as the injury list has grown & grown & was thinking it must getting close to being an essential, short term, option.

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I have no idea who you are or what you know - but this post would have carried so much more substance if it were posted before the Cardiff game.

I already know that he's getting sacked if we didn't get anything at Cardiff..!

And the Rowett rumours have been circulating for a couple of weeks.

Interesting reference to the OOC player suggestion - I've been thinking this for weeks as the injury list has grown & grown & was thinking it must getting close to being an essential, short term, option.

My work was done over the summer mate, I was hesitant on coming back on but happy to share what I get told 👍🏻

Welcome back Shags. In the short time I’ve been here I’ve really enjoyed your insights & hopefully for a long time to come.

NP was 💩 from a great height but moving forward I really hope it won’t be Rowett, personally of those available I would prefer Eustace or Beale. My personal choice would be Corboran but doubt that is achievable.

43 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

Cheers Shags x

That does make it sound like Nige has played a part in the timing of the sacking, and that he wasn't guaranteed to be sacked before the Shef Wednesday game?

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

That does make it sound like Nige has played a part in the timing of the sacking, and that he wasn't guaranteed to be sacked before the Shef Wednesday game?

Possibly, but it was a matter of when. Problem is they don’t like that Nige is outspoken. 

11 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

Possibly, but it was a matter of when. Problem is they don’t like that Nige is outspoken. 

Aww, bless those Lansdowns. How dare Nige have opinions that aren’t shared in the boardroom (or should I say around the family dining table).

Welcome back, @Bcfcshags

Edited by tin
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

Maybe it's just me being negative, but sleeping on it, i'd be concerned that some of the more qualified managers on the available list simply won't take the job if offered anyway.

We'll see - but if they read the clubs statement after sacking Nige (TOP 6?!) and look at the tools they'd have available....we've traditionally failed to get top, upcoming managers in anyway under SL....for some reason - I fear this trend will continue.

Hope to be wrong. Rowett, doesn't particularly inspire me...but I actually fear for worse TBH.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

Cheers Shags x

A lot of rumours, hearsay, guess work going on, most of which is there or thereabouts. Good to hear something from a reliable source giving a bit of substance to everything.

Still as angry about this today as I was when the news broke yesterday. NP has been well and truly shat on by the board.

Only question from me is there have been a comment or two about Tinnion and his part in all this. Seems harsh to me that fingers are pointed in his direction, unless you know otherwise?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

Where as almost every fan wants more transparency , another clear case of the board not understanding the fans but then asking we get behind them. They can **** right off at this point. 

Edited by Spike
  • Like 1

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'd 100 million percent have preferred us to field a team of academy goalkeepers rather than signing free agents after Nige was refused funds in the summer. 

What sort of bs is that? Waste more money on more crap players because the board ****** up in the summer when it was absolutely obvious to all of us that we needed 2-3 more bodies? 

I back Pearson 100% on his stance with this. 

Sums us up. Willing to undo all the hard work Nige had done installing a proper culture at the club.

Magically able to find some money to throw at out of contract, ageing players. Sounds familiar 🤦‍♂️

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bcfcshags said:

Cheers Shags x

Welcome back....👋

Cheers for the update.

Edited by Son of Fred

1 hour ago, Bcfcshags said:

members of board

So Jon Lansdown and/or Gavin Marshall. It's frustrating that it's taken this to highlight to people how terrible the governance and board make up is.

The board (Jon and Gavin) have constructed a crisis when no crisis was needed. What could have been a well managed transition into a new era has become a debacle, and that's ridiculous, and that's on them.

• Like 9