IGNORED

The Return

18 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

if he was being constantly undermined I expect he would

I was being facetious!! On a serious note put yourself in the position of being questioned by a failed manager or an utterly incompetent Chairman (or both) why you are playing Andy King instead of Academy kids and then a few weeks later being asked by the same person(s) to sign Daniel Ayala.....................

If it was you I wouldn't mind betting you would react the same way as me and I wouldn't mind betting that's the same way Nige reacted.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I was being facetious!! On a serious note put yourself in the position of being questioned by a failed manager or an utterly incompetent Chairman (or both) why you are playing Andy King instead of Academy kids and then a few weeks later being asked by the same person(s) to sign Daniel Ayala.....................

If it was you I wouldn't mind betting you would react the same way as me and I wouldn't mind betting that's the same way Nige reacted.

well yes of course he would, I would too. 

8 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

This isn’t a pro-Rowett post, but I should point out he did get Derby in the play-offs and was on the verge of doing so with Birmingham City - before being removed in favour of the disastrous Zola.  The only place he totally flopped at was Stoke.

As an appointment it'd be a bit "meh" but we'd have to wait and see what he does here. 

His CV is certainly not a patch on the man he'd be replacing. 

Would he be anymore agreeable than Pearson though? He's experienced and wont like any 'guidance'. This is going to be a sticking point for any candidate I believe.

• Like 1

Just now, RedM said:

Would he be anymore agreeable than Pearson though? He's experienced and wont like any 'guidance', this is going to be a sticking point for any candidate I believe.

The sticking point will be "you gotta make do with what you've got and I won't be cracking open any nest egg", I believe. 

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

Would he be anymore agreeable than Pearson though? He's experienced and wont like any 'guidance'. This is going to be a sticking point for any candidate I believe.

This is why i can’t see it being anybody like Rowett.

Appointing Rowett certainly wouldn’t be the end of the world, despite obviously being dead against Pearson being sacked, but for people saying Rowett would be terrible, be careful what you wish for……these clowns hired LJ & Holden - Rowett is a much better candidate than some we have had in the past & for this reason, i can’t see Lansdown appointing him!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, megansdad said:

Chris Wilder would be good if Sheff Utd stories happen to be untrue - though perhaps a bit too much like Nige for the owners.

If his Middlesbrough stint is anything to go by he'd be looking to jump ship at the first sign of something better, he fell out with their owner because he wouldn't give him permission to speak to Burnley about replacing Dyche.

22 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Managers out of work want to be in work.

Rowett is the name I keep hearing.

His leaving Millwall like he did suggests a new challenge was possibly about to become available.

Give it a couple of weeks for the dust to settle, sort out back room staff etc

The other team open up the position and he moves in nice and clean, no compensation.

A scenario that makes sense to me.

But I still feel Luke Williams may be the "dark horse" here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zuni said:

His leaving Millwall like he did suggests a new challenge was possibly about to become available.

Give it a couple of weeks for the dust to settle, sort out back room staff etc

The other team open up the position and he moves in nice and clean, no compensation.

A scenario that makes sense to me.

But I still feel Luke Williams may be the "dark horse" here.

As per other posts I’m less sure they’ve got their msn at this point….just catching up on the JL / Tinnion interviews.

Afternoon all, just a small bit of information to share with you regarding the dismissals of Rennie & Euell 

during the recent international break Rennie & Euell decided to give extended breaks to the players. Most went away etc and came back without doing much and went into intensive training hence the list of injuries picked up. Joe Williams is set to be sidelined for around 6-8 weeks (not sure if that’s been posted anywhere)

Nige was off with bad health after a minor operation on his back & having issues with Nerve endings that’s the reason he’s been on crutches. Not sure why Fleming didn’t have a say etc.

4 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

Afternoon all, just a small bit of information to share with you regarding the dismissals of Rennie & Euell 

during the recent international break Rennie & Euell decided to give extended breaks to the players. Most went away etc and came back without doing much and went into intensive training hence the list of injuries picked up. Joe Williams is set to be sidelined for around 6-8 weeks (not sure if that’s been posted anywhere)

Nige was off with bad health after a minor operation on his back & having issues with Nerve endings that’s the reason he’s been on crutches. Not sure why Fleming didn’t have a say etc.

Wow very poor. Whose to blame? Players or Rennie?

10 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

If that is the case, why didn’t the entire medical and coaching set up get sacked and wiped off the face of the Earth during the lockdown season?

Feels very off to focus on that vs the rest of the really good medical work that’s been. Gave them a reason/excuse for the sackings, I guess, however small. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The counter argument would be that the players needed a good rest after being overplayed due to the fact that our small squad was already severely impacted by injuries.  The players fitness levels appear to be excellent and this must be due to Rennie and his judgement.  Of course, JL would be in a better position to make a decision like this.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

Yes, most of this was reported by James Piercy yesterday. The players were given 9 days off or something. If you read between the lines of Tinnion's interview, the club are blaming the management team for the high number of injuries. 

The response to that would be that Nige said most (all bar one, I believe) were contact injuries, so how did the training regime contribute to that? 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

I suppose with a small squad, you have to let the players rest. Its a difficult balance, but in this case this is very poor from the club. Amateurish, really. Surely their are individual protocols for this based on an individuals fitness profile? For example - we know Joe Williams fitness is made of glass compared to others - surely you would stipulate he does a minimum level when on holiday etc

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, most of this was reported by James Piercy yesterday. The players were given 9 days off or something. If you read between the lines of Tinnion's interview, the club are blaming the management team for the high number of injuries. 

The response to that would be that Nige said most (all bar one, I believe) were contact injuries, so how did the training regime contribute to that? 

Ah never realised that, thanks mate 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I suppose with a small squad, you have to let the players rest. Its a difficult balance, but in this case this is very poor from the club. Amateurish, really. Surely their are individual protocols for this based on an individuals fitness profile? For example - we know Joe Williams fitness is made of glass compared to others - surely you would stipulate he does a minimum level when on holiday etc

Williams’ injury is a foot injury from a tackle in training apparently. Wouldn’t be linked to fitness, if it was another hamstring tear then maybe 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

Excessive rest, into intense training too soon which left them either under cooked or over cooked for 3pm for a Saturday.

Something like?

Were they maybe lacking tailored light but consistent training plans when on break?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

21 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

Any info on a new manager?

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He isn't. 

Well according to BcfcShags

Saturday morning I was told if we weren’t to get anything at Cardiff he would be sacked. I was also told that Gary Rowett will be appointed but as I’m aware up untill Saturday he was the only one that’s held talks, but other agents have been sounded out.

2 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Well according to BcfcShags

Saturday morning I was told if we weren’t to get anything at Cardiff he would be sacked. I was also told that Gary Rowett will be appointed but as I’m aware up untill Saturday he was the only one that’s held talks, but other agents have been sounded out.

I said exactly the same on Sat night! Just because we've spoken to someone doesn't mean they're going to be appointed.

Subsequently been told that Rowett was never of interest to us so interested on @Bcfcshags thoughts on that. Perhaps the rumour wasn't true.