IGNORED

Remember the bad old days?

Gert Mare

A couple of years ago this forum was full of supporters who were almost polar opposites in opinions.

There were those that were almost anti anyone and there were those who were labelled “Happy Clappers”.

Many brutal arguments ensued and always seemed to result in the questioning of how true a City supporter people were.

One noticeable change under the Pearson regime seems to be the appreciation of differences of opinion amongst supporters. 

It does seem to me that everyone has been behind the team whether they are happy with the way the club is being run or not. I don’t think this can be underestimated as this could be a very toxic place at times.

I attribute this to Nigel’s visibility and honesty. Like him or loathe him at least we understood his stance. 

Has anyone else noticed the change amongst us as supporters over the last few years?

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

A couple of years ago this forum was full of supporters who were almost polar opposites in opinions.

There were those that were almost anti anyone and there were those who were labelled “Happy Clappers”.

Many brutal arguments ensued and always seemed to result in the questioning of how true a City supporter people were.

One noticeable change under the Pearson regime seems to be the appreciation of differences of opinion amongst supporters. 

It does seem to me that everyone has been behind the team whether they are happy with the way the club is being run or not. I don’t think this can be underestimated as this could be a very toxic place at times.

I attribute this to Nigel’s visibility and honesty. Like him or loathe him at least we understood his stance. 

Has anyone else noticed the change amongst us as supporters over the last few years?

You get the Cotts should have had more time/It was right for Cotts to go debate; you sometimes get the SOD should've had more time debate; or even a debate on the merits of Gary Johnson, Danny Wilson etc etc. 

But on the manner of Nigel Pearson's sacking, I think the fanbase has rarely been more united. Very few will say this sacking was fair or justified. 

It's also brought the ownership into further disrepute among fans. I fell out of love with Lansdown's stewardship a number of years ago, having been initially supportive.  Not many Lansdown fans now.

Collectively, as a fanbase, we hope for the best, but fear the worse. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

You get the Cotts should have had more time/It was right for Cotts to go debate; you sometimes get the SOD should've had more time debate; or even a debate on the merits of Gary Johnson, Danny Wilson etc etc. 

But on the manner of Nigel Pearson's sacking, I think the fanbase has rarely been more united. Very few will say this sacking was fair or justified. 

It's also brought the ownership into further disrepute among fans. I fell out of love with Lansdown's stewardship a number of years ago, having been initially supportive.  Not many Lansdown fans now.

Collectively, as a fanbase, we hope for the best, but fear the worse. 

The Holden debacle was the final straw for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kimpton said:

I dont actually think it is the Pearson factor more the LJ one where people couldn’t believe how much time he was afforded.

Great point. I think that the Lansdown's trusted LJ implicitly.

Seems to be a bit of a Mexican stand off with anyone else. Especially if they have a difference of opinion regarding footballing matters.