IGNORED

How Do They Turn This Around?

Silvio Dante

How Do They Turn This Around?  

431 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It’s clear the decision and the management of the response has gone down like a cup of cold sick. So, the question now becomes if the current regime (Lansdowns and Tinnion) can ever regain the faith of the fanbase, and if so, how. 

All options are fraught. If they sell, it’s likely to be a protracted process and they won’t be giving due care to the club while ongoing. If they give a new manager cash it’ll be sullied by the fact they wouldn’t do it for Nige, and if they ever reappointed Nige it’d render them neutered.

So, is there now any way back, and how?

Option 5 - Win football matches.

Win games and sadly most will forget about things like corporate governance, fan communication, and principles of good management.

My plea is to please not forget about those things if by some miracle we ever find ourselves in the top 6.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

• Admin

I'm honestly not sure how they can

I actually feel a bit sorry for the new Manager, as apart from Osman and Pulis I can't remember such a negative vibe around a potential new Manager

The club could probably be wise and not appoint before Saturday

There is clearly going to be some kind of backlash on Saturday and if we go behind etc the fans are only going to get more vociferous 

A new Manager doesn't deserve to be walking into that

We have two win able games on the horizon - convenient timing for the new person to start?

• Like 3

Ultimately they need to deliver on their own terms.

I said this on another thread but they've made this change saying they want to challenge for promotion, have less injuries and play more entertaining football.

If they're right that Pearson was genuinely an obstacle to those things and we suddenly find ourselves competing for the play-offs with a fully fit squad playing great football, I think we'll all accept they had a reason to make a change. But -if they're wrong that this change was needed to improve the team - then they need to hold their hands up that maybe Pearson wasn't the person holding the club back. And they probably need to find themselves a mirror. 

• Like 4

There is no way back from this. We have seen them for what they are and what this is. All respect is gone and the legacy is tarnished. Time to go.

The only very slim way to gain some credibility back would be to admit what’s actually gone on and be transparent with the fans but that won’t happen. 

Edited by One Team
  • Like 2

Sell up, felt SL coming to the end of the road post Scott and nest egg and this has reaffirmed and hastened that view.

I should add a takeover may not be swift, even from annoucment to final ratification due to various regulatory checks. In office but not in power for a few months?

Obviously, NP back given a decent budget and 3 year deal would be a dream scenario but there is more chance of Downsy being made caretaker manager than the ideal one under the current leadership

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

I would love Nige back but won’t happen. I’ve voted sell up. We are just going around in circles, and have become a stale rudderless spineless football club. One I don’t recognise.

We need a fresh start

Worth remembering he returned to Leicester after a change of ownership.  Not beyond the realms of possibility.

• Like 4
  • Robin 2

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Worth remembering he returned to Leicester after a change of ownership.  Not beyond the realms of possibility.

I think it’s fair to say that Nige has unfinished business at AG. But there would need to be a change of ownership and a clear out of those left (Tinnion etc) before any return could happen. On that basis, the first aim has to be a change of ownership.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I think it’s fair to say that Nige has unfinished business at AG. But there would need to be a change of ownership and a clear out of those left (Tinnion etc) before any return could happen. On that basis, the first aim has to be a change of ownership.

That would be an epic twist wouldn’t it? Lansdown sells up, NP comes back, gets us to the Prem, new man takes over from his great work and we win the Premier League. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I think he does too. 

I think him mentioning that he will continue to enjoy the local area was him leaving the door open. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Win games and sadly most will forget about things like corporate governance, fan communication, and principles of good management.

My plea is to please not forget about those things if by some miracle we ever find ourselves in the top 6.

But given that renowned football experts Steve and Jon believe the squad is good enough, once they appoint the new head coach shouldn't it be pretty much a given that we will make the top 6 because Nigel was the only impediment that?

• Like 2

There wasn't an option I wanted to vote for, but I'm pretty sure the 'bad decision' play-book goes as follows.

"Ignore everyone" - we've seen it countless times...

'The O'Neills kit, they're dogs-egg people said, not going to buy anything, that'll show 'em' - loads of fans have them.

'Splat Robin?' - well, they'll just phase that out gradually and not really mention it again.

'SCAT?' - Well, what we can do is offer zero availabilty if they're going to come armed with questions that fans might appreciate the answers to.

And on and on it goes. They know that after a couple of months off at the end of the season, we'll all be there, buying season tickets, with renewed hope and regardless of what goes on with the circus in the board room, our collective desire to see the team win will outweigh our frustrations.

Not saying that this is right, but it's the way it'll go. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

We all know if we ever find ourselves in the top six we choke quicker than the Boston Strangler.

🫣