IGNORED

How Do They Turn This Around?

Silvio Dante

How Do They Turn This Around?  

431 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don’t think there’s any way back from a PR/supporter relations POV.

People just don’t trust the owners footballing judgement. Their track record with managerial appointments is poor and it seems they value someone who won’t challenge them too much.

Don’t trust their integrity, either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mattjb said:

Voted ‘sell’ . Can’t see any way they can turn this around now, even if the new man does well and we win games. The mistrust would still be there. 

Your last sentence, beyond a doubt. Not only have they made complete and utter fools of themselves, but they have revealed themselves in the most cack handed way to be thoroughly disingenuous. 

Having shown themselves to be totally lacking in professionalism, they have gone a step further and demonstrated beyond question that they are also, frankly, untruthful.

There’s no coming back from that.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

The turning point for me was the failure to back NP reasonably after Scott went ownership wise.

The Guernsey interview about Scott and nest eggs pushed me further.

Fact we don't have a CEO, fact he chose not to address us as usual with a Radio Bristol interview was also odd.

The failure to agree terms with a new deal, felt shoddy.

NP sacking.

Was going to say bad things come in 3 but this is a 5 star of shocking Governance.

All so needless too, unless there is a takeover or major new external investment lined up imminently then..his last 6 months has been truly horrible. Yeah was leaning towards coming to the end in August once Scott sold and uncertainty over funds for a replacement.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Genuine question.

Is this a thing in the States?

Aren’t Basketball, American Football & Baseball (their 3 major sports) kept pretty distinct from an ownership perspective?

The point I was making re rugby is it really isn’t a “thing” over there, so might be part of the reason SL seemingly can’t sell.

The real reason will be because he's asking too much.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Simple as.

Despite all his much vaunted business acumen and experience, he really has painted himself into a corner, hasn’t he? The club is imbedded, as far as I can see, in a complex nest of companies from which it’s nigh on impossible to extract it as a stand alone entity. He’s deprived the club of arguably its most valuable material asset that it used to own outright (the stadium), can’t restore it to them, and no sane investor wants to buy a club without the security of having its own ground. Nor do they want all the other corporate baggage that it’s now inextricably tied up with.  But the man’s an entrepreneurial genius, apparently. I know nothing of business, but it starts to look to me like one of the most spectacular own goals in corporate history.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Do you know what?  I don’t want any of this - appoint them on Friday night, watch from the stands on Saturday, whilst Fleming has to take control.  I never understand this approach.

If you’re appointed on Friday, get in the effing “dugout” (tech area) and start to influence.  Put your cock on the block from day one.

Yes, I would phrase it slightly differently, however the smug look on Johnson face while sitting next to the bloke who insisted on him coming in still pisses me off!

I am hoping the caretakers can get something out of the kids over the next couple of games, but nothing short for a landmark manager will do, as whoever it is could quickly become a skidmark!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Genuine question.

Is this a thing in the States?

Aren’t Basketball, American Football & Baseball (their 3 major sports) kept pretty distinct from an ownership perspective?

The point I was making re rugby is it really isn’t a “thing” over there, so might be part of the reason SL seemingly can’t sell.

Honestly don’t know on the first.

Take your point on the second: although I’m not sure whether it's the love of a particular sport or the investment opportunity that drives your average American owner. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

In the short term, get Nige back as DoF with John Eustace as head coach. See how that works. Tins will have to go.

Max, looks like Eustace is coming, would love to see Nige take over the gas and get them promoted, I'm old school and hate back stabbing, we need a bit of local competition and who better than the Rovers, will put our owners on their guard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldstandrobin said:

Max, looks like Eustace is coming, would love to see Nige take over the gas and get them promoted, I'm old school and hate back stabbing, we need a bit of local competition and who better than the Rovers, will put our owners on their guard.

would never go that far. Anyway he wouldn't last the interview.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, winsaw said:

Honestly I think they need to sell up, I just can't see how they can come back from this, I will never trust them again to have the best interests of the club at heart,

People keep talking like there are a long queue of buyers and Lansdown doesn’t want to sell up 

It’s pretty common knowledge he wants out .

We just are not worth the money he wants 

4 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

What a dumb thread. It’s obvious, appoint a new Head Coach who does well and everyone will quickly forget Nige. Anyone who can’t admit that is either being overly dramatic about the whole situation or is delusional.

well not really. He could be the best coach in the world but he has to kowtow to BT and JL. That's the worrying thing

• Like 1

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

well not really. He could be the best coach in the world but he has to kowtow to BT and JL. That's the worrying thing

The question was how do they turn it around. If they appoint Eustace (for arguments sake) and he gets us promoted this season (I know, I know) then almost everyone’s faith in SL would be restored and all ‘this’ would long be forgotten. Hence my comment about this thread being pointless and a bit dumb.

• Like 1

Just now, B-Rizzle said:

The question was how do they turn it around. If they appoint Eustace (for arguments sake) and he gets us promoted this season (I know, I know) then almost everyone’s faith in SL would be restored and all ‘this’ would long be forgotten. Hence my comment about this thread being pointless and a bit dumb.

yes but he has to work under BT and JL, that is the remit.

10 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

What a dumb thread. It’s obvious, appoint a new Head Coach who does well and everyone will quickly forget Nige. Anyone who can’t admit that is either being overly dramatic about the whole situation or is delusional.

We won't tho will we? Just like how Leicester fans never forgot Nige. 

If a new head coach goes on to do well, it's because Pearson put in all the groundwork.

Most of us are pissed off cos despite Nige doing that, he wasn't given a proper opportunity to do well with us.

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

One word, NO

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We won't tho will we? Just like how Leicester fans never forgot Nige. 

If a new head coach goes on to do well, it's because Pearson put in all the groundwork.

Most of us are pissed off cos despite Nige doing that, he wasn't given a proper opportunity to do well with us.

Yes, granted. He’ll always be remembered well for that but hindsight would show that (in this particular scenario) that the Lansdowns were right, NP laid the ground work but wasn’t right for the promotion push which ‘new head coach’ came in and achieved.

1 minute ago, B-Rizzle said:

Yes, granted. He’ll always be remembered well for that but hindsight would show that (in this particular scenario) that the Lansdowns were right, NP laid the ground work but wasn’t right for the promotion push which ‘new head coach’ came in and achieved.

But how do you or I know that? How will we ever know it? 

It will forever be argued that Nige himself could have led us to promotion too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

I fully back Curtis to keep their heads on right. He won't hang them out to dry and he'll make sure they are in as right of a mind frame they can be in.

He's got to feel pretty unsettled at the moment too though. Depending on who comes in he could be next out of the door. 

As for how do the Board recover from this, they made the mess and they have to sort it. Still feels wrong and unnecessary to me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

But how do you or I know that? How will we ever know it? 

It will forever be argued that Nige himself could have led us to promotion too. 

Again, this is a bit pointless, but if our new head coach got us up THIS season then that would have to involve a significant up level in results and point getting which would be significantly more than NP has ever managed. So, no, we wouldn’t be forever arguing that NP might have got us there.

Bet anyway, none of this will happen will it.