IGNORED

U21's Today

Port Said Red

1 hour ago, phantom said:

He is one of the many Managers that will never be in the home dugout fortunately

Interesting how two "first team" squad members that were due to play today were pulled out following his sacking

Yes, the phrase was, there was only one person in the physio team who thought it was a good idea and he's not here anymore.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Thought Marlee Francois looked decent when he came on today. Is this 'doghouse' stuff something that we should be concerned about? Cus I was thinking he definately looked better in his 20 minutes than most of them.

You would like to think "clean slate" wouldn't you? I know a lot of the players were upset at the departure, but the ones who felt their faces didn't fit won't be among them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

You would like to think "clean slate" wouldn't you? I know a lot of the players were upset at the departure, but the ones who felt their faces didn't fit won't be among them.

That is every football club the world-over, from Premier League to your pro / semi-pro Tiers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Thought Marlee Francois looked decent when he came on today. Is this 'doghouse' stuff something that we should be concerned about? Cus I was thinking he definately looked better in his 20 minutes than most of them.

This is how young players get bullshit reputations. There is no ‘doghouse’ situation with Marlee or Omar (albeit he didn’t cover himself in glory preseason - and that was on pitch too).

Form, or lack there of, that’s it. And OTC has been injured for a while on top of that.

‘Fans’ need to be more conscious of rumour mongering particularly with young players trying to forge a career. It’s ridiculous and not fair on the individuals concerned. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Hup said:

This is how young players get bullshit reputations. There is no ‘doghouse’ situation with Marlee or Omar (albeit he didn’t cover himself in glory preseason - and that was on pitch too).

Form, or lack there of, that’s it. And OTC has been injured for a while on top of that.

‘Fans’ need to be more conscious of rumour mongering particularly with young players trying to forge a career. It’s ridiculous and not fair on the individuals concerned. 

The first I heard of it was earlier in this thread. So (just based on his 20 minute cameo today admittedly) I hope we'll be hearing a bit more about Marlee in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Mattie moved on in January anyway. He came because of Nige. Andy King, lifelong City fan so he may hang around till summer.

King may still have coaching hopes.

It does seem he was the one that was questioned "from above" about being in the team instead of a youngster, so maybe an issue there that means he leaves ?

14 minutes ago, Zuni said:

King may still have coaching hopes.

It does seem he was the one that was questioned "from above" about being in the team instead of a youngster, so maybe an issue there that means he leaves ?

The stupidity of  questioning  the value of a Premier league winning midfielder in a team of kids shows where we are as a club. 
We are in the brown stuff make no mistake. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He was in the sky blue tracky in the video.

(of course, he’s injured, so couldn’t partake anyway)

I haven't seen the video, but I was told he was finally starting to move into the coaching role he was supposed to do 2 seasons ago. 

Very respected among the players as you would expect a Premiership winner to be.

• Like 3