IGNORED

Stephen Clemence

GrahamC

Son of the late Ray, appointed as the new Gillingham manager today.

Don’t worry, I’m not suggesting him, more intrigued by a comment made by their American chairman today that they were looking for someone to play “brave, front foot football”.

Sound familiar?

There’s clearly a textbook for chairmen that him & JL have both read, isn’t there?

Meaningless dribble, isn’t it?

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

As I’ve said elsewhere, I’ve yet to see a club actively attempt to recruit a backward thinking, defensive manager. 
It’s just a load of bollox 

Every thing these days weather football or especially the workplace seem to be meaningless sound bites ,it’s like The Office and Mr Brent has become the new reality.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Don’t worry, I’m not suggesting him, more intrigued by a comment made by their American chairman today that they were looking for someone to play “brave, front foot football”.

Sound familiar?

There’s clearly a textbook for chairmen that him & JL have both read, isn’t there?

It’s an expression the cliche king,  nepo boy, uses a lot as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Sound familiar?

Back heels totally banned. Even if they lead to goals. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Osman? Pulis?

Pretty sure we have tried that route..

They have played 4-4-2 and quickly attempted to penetrate quickly hitting pomo's while maintaining a compact shape from a low block. Not so brave front foot football if you like.

I have just written some bollocks but it was more specific than this front football phrase, that is bollocks. It doesn't really mean anything.  

• Robin 1

10 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

It's almost like these chairman don't understand there's another team on the pitch trying to do the exact same bloody thing 

As it’s a load of balls, here’s the answer. Two teams on the pitch, both playing attacking, front-foot football; let’s splash out and get two balls on the pitch. 
Even better, let’s have four balls for each team, then you can have both overlapping full backs and inverted ones at the same time.  

12 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Sound familiar?

Yep, I mentioned this in another thread a couple of days ago. To expand on the meaningless dribble:

This week American majority owner Brad Galinson said he wanted the incoming head coach to play an entertaining style and downplayed the significance of managerial experience.

“What is not on the [wanted] list are things like what formation do they play, have they coached before, are they old, or young, have they coached Premier League, have they been assistant coach, do they have League One, Two or National League experience?” Galinson said. “To me, those things are secondary to make the formula work.”

Clemence succeeds Harris, who was sacked because the club said they wanted “to go in a different direction”, a surprise change predominantly born of a desire to shift the style of play. Clemence will be given the title of head coach, not manager.

Change the names and it could almost be us.

• Thanks 1