IGNORED

Ten Hag

Lorenzos Only Goal

Man U fans going on about Glazers. The amount of cash Ten Haag has had is obscene, yet he’s created an unlikeable, disjointed side. They’d have a heart attack if they saw Lansdowns current stewardship of the club (re investing in the team and supporting manager), and god knows how they’d react if they were fans of a Wednesday, a Reading or a Scunthorpe.

Antony for 80 odd million is probably one of the worst signings I’ve seen, but more than that it’s the culture of the team (not the club necessarily) - support Greenwood, support Antony, ostracise Maguire, ostracise Sancho.

Its objectively funny at least to see the Mancs “struggling”

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Man U fans going on about Glazers. The amount of cash Ten Haag has had is obscene, yet he’s created an unlikeable, disjointed side. They’d have a heart attack if they saw Lansdowns current stewardship of the club (re investing in the team and supporting manager), and god knows how they’d react if they were fans of a Wednesday, a Reading or a Scunthorpe.

Antony for 80 odd million is probably one of the worst signings I’ve seen, but more than that it’s the culture of the team (not the club necessarily) - support Greenwood, support Antony, ostracise Maguire, ostracise Sancho.

Its objectively funny at least to see the Mancs “struggling”

Surely one of the most bizarre is bringing back 35 year old Jonny Evans, who's idea was that?

OK in some circumstances you might say his experience and his position as a role model might be a good reason, but the bloke doesn't seem to have the credentials for that.

1 hour ago, Midred said:

We complain about interference from management.  I wonder how much interference their managers still get from St Alex?

I'd expect quite a lot, but I would suggest it's probably appreciated as wise counsel not interference. Taken to it's extreme, if it had been Sir Alex who questioned Andy King's selection at centre back I reckon Nige would have taken it quite differently.  

10 minutes ago, 38MC said:

I'd expect quite a lot, but I would suggest it's probably appreciated as wise counsel not interference. Taken to it's extreme, if it had been Sir Alex who questioned Andy King's selection at centre back I reckon Nige would have taken it quite differently.  

Hopefully not too many of their managers have lost their jobs through his "wise counselling".

Wasn't it his wise counselling that brought Ronaldo back to the club?

Think they need to stick with ten Hag to be honest. No benefit in changing again and he did do an encouraging job last season.

I say this as someone in my mid 20s who hates United more than any other club (yes, even more than those two) due to their dominance of the game during my childhood. Nowadays there are kids in secondary school who have never seen them be anything other than crap!

1 hour ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Apparently it’ll cost a fortune to sack him, I would suggest it will cost them far more if they don’t - clearly out of his depth 

He did alright last season, but im afraid has too many arguments with players it seems. Nowadays, the top players have a lot of power. Clubs can't just leave assets worth 70/80 Million to fester in the reserves.

He'll be gone soon, for the next one to be wheeled in. Rinse and repeat

7 hours ago, 38MC said:

Nope - interference if you are the current manager.

Ferguson showed in his final year his time had gone and got out as he saw what was coming. 

28 minutes ago, Zuni said:

Nope - interference if you are the current manager.

Ferguson showed in his final year his time had gone and got out as he saw what was coming. 

That’s fair. I don’t disagree that the decision is the head coach’s and theirs alone and their authority is final. I’m probably thinking too much of Olé’s time and thinking I would have sought his advice - relating to the novice. 

someone brought up ronaldo above. Point taken. My first thought was his first season wasn’t he player of the year and team of the year and 20 goals, then wreck it Ralph came in, then ten hag and personality issues brought the (very ugly) worst out of him (Ronaldo). For £12m though and the goals he brought and the commercial side could it ever be a flop…

I don’t know about united. I’m a city fan. I was more tongue in cheek pointing out having Ferguson interfering v the senior players in the BCFC hierarchy was not really much comparison. 

Edited by 38MC
  • Flames 1