IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

And what are his merits? He's achieved the square root of **** all in the game. 

This guy doesn't get 2 years to implement his style. He has to hit thr ground running or the place will be toxic. He has to very quickly show why he is the right man for us.

If it is him I can see changes and improvements very quickly.

We have some very decent footballers in our squad (even with the injuries) and NP certainly seems to have got them working hard and improved team spirit/cohesion.

This just may work.

8 minutes ago, Slack said:

What's our odds at being promoted? 

May chuck £5 on, would be hilarious if we got promoted. I can imagine the interview "you all laughed at me, who's laughing now"..

If he leads us to promotion then I'll be the 1st person to be stood on my seat singing his name.

Unfortunately our history of this type of appointments shows that when he leaves we'll be in a right mess.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

This guy doesn't get 2 years to implement his style. He has to hit thr ground running or the place will be toxic. He has to very quickly show why he is the right man for us.

Well you've gone from one extreme to the other 'hit the ground running' but not two years. So it can't be somewhere in the middle according to you?

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

He is and thats why we want their head coach to get us higher. Still a much bigger club than them which is why he will be joining us.

According to one of them they are just as attractive. I was going to laugh and then thought would I be overly surprised if they reached the PL before us……probably not 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

That’s just being pig headed. If you think he’s going to implement his own style straight away then you’re deluded. It’s tinnion & crayon boy you should be venting at not manning. He’s 38 how much do you expect him to have achieved ? 
who seriously did expect us to bring in. We’re a midtable championship club with very little history of top flight football . 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

According to one of them they are just as attractive. I was going to laugh and then thought would I be overly surprised if they reached the PL before us……probably not 😂

Well they’ve played in the top flight since we last did. 
Oh and won the league cup. 
We’re such massive underachievers! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Well you've gone from one extreme to the other 'hit the ground running' but not two years. So it can't be somewhere in the middle according to you?

Not wsm seagull but our esteemed Chairman. Said we're getting promoted THIS season 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Completely agree, he has to achieve promotion at the end of the season. Fair play to the lad if he does mind you. 

1 hour ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Nige was 2nd longest serving manager in this division afaik.

Time he had

On pitch we were treading water. Not seen this season but last two where saw most of them high diagonal balls to the channels hoping for a cut back or pressure mistake from the opposition wasn't winning us lots of games . We were hard to break down after a spell of shipping goals for fun. However the football was absolutely dull af

The goals this season has dried up too.

There's a myriad of things. Niges bosses confirmed he wasn't hitting kpis and thus chucked him when they thought it was right to do so 

The decision was entirely the board's to make and given a host of factors they decided to make the change.

I feel that even with every scrap of information in the public domain regarding dismissal it still wouldn't be enough and instead we're celebrating mediocrity, whilst simultaneously claiming everything was awesome 

Which clearly it wasn't or he'd still be here 

2nd longest serving manager doesn't really say that much these days. Man Utd would never be what they are now if they did the same to Ferguson - he was in his 4th year there when he was nearly sacked around the time of the famous Forest game, and looking back we all know that would have been ridiculous. So what you look for is progression, and in every way Pearson was taking us in the right direction.

To suggest that there is a myriad of things is simply untrue. The squad was trimmed as expected, the wages were brought down, the results were acceptable, the squad clearly liked him. There was no 'myriad' of things as far as we can see - there was one thing and that's the board.

No one was saying it was awesome, but it certainly wasn't worthy of sacking, and that's the simple truth of it. And it is equally as true that to sack him for Liam Manning, is frankly one of the most ridiculous decisions made in the recent history of our club.

Anyway, this is about Manning now. He is not an upgrade by any measure so it's all the more perplexing why the board have done this, but I'm behind him. And if/when he doesn't get us promoted this year, the board will have to answer.

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, One Team said:

Completely agree, he has to achieve promotion at the end of the season. Fair play to the lad if he does mind you. 

It was a stupid statement from Lansdown & puts extra pressure on him. Like I said earlier. Pressure should be put on Lansdown & tinnion , not manning 

• Like 6

I'm not sure some people completely understood what JL was saying. He didn't say we have to go up.

He said the goal is promotion and that we should be competing to be in the top 6.

I'm fairly sure if we don't do that, he will get another crack next season as long as they are happy with what they are seeing.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, citywest30 said:

I'm not sure some people completely understood what JL was saying. He didn't say we have to go up.

He said the goal is promotion and that we should be competing to be in the top 6.

I'm fairly sure if we don't do that, he will get another crack next season as long as they are happy with what they are seeing.

Go and listen again. He said promotion with this squad of players this season 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Like Pearson was going to?

Maybe he was, maybe he wasn’t (given what was at his disposal it seems unlikely), but the key reason for sacking him was so that we can achieve what he was allegedly failing to with the squad, aka promotion, as the management are of the view that he had plenty at his disposal? Don’t see how they can have it both ways:

- great squad, we’re underachieving, so sack Pearson

- same squad… presumably we now expect to achieve. 

None of this is LM’s fault and he’ll be backed by the supporters. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1