IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

16 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Do you thing any BS employees could be coerced by the powers that be into signing up just to back the board ? if so surely that would come out in the wash in the future with a whistle blower or two, utter nonsense as far as i'm concerned with zero proof to back it up  

Whether incentivsed, coerced, requested I wouldn't rule it out. Or even maybe the odd Bristol Sport employee who happens to support us, prior to the Bristol Sport thing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We don't have dead wood anymore - and we have Nigel Pearson to thank for that.

Every player in the first team squad now makes a contribution of one kind or another, on or off the pitch - we have Nigel Pearson to thank for that.

Unlike under many, too many, previous managers, we no longer have leaches taking a salary but contributing nothing, spreading bad vibes with bad attitude. All that's gone. Thanks to Nigel Pearson.

His man-management and leadership were superb.

FFS let it go - it's verging on embarrassing. 

And call them dead wood or average players or players past their best, same difference really - but to include Wells, Tanner, King, OLeary, Weiman, maybe Williams and James.

If we want to progress further, we need a refresh..and not just the manager.

• Like 1

Can't be bothered to read the preceding 68 pages but P69 is my favourite arf arf.  So anyway, just tried to place a bet on Manning becoming the next Head Coach but was told it was suspended.  Make of that what you will.  I'm not ITK, but I think something may be happening.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Whether incentivsed, coerced, requested I wouldn't rule it out. Or even maybe the odd Bristol Sport employee who happens to support us, prior to the Bristol Sport thing.

Maybe just maybe 2 or 3 at most off their own back but certainly no coercion from higher up as far as i'm concerned

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cheese said:

Can't be bothered to read the preceding 68 pages but P69 is my favourite arf arf.  So anyway, just tried to place a bet on Manning becoming the next Head Coach but was told it was suspended.  Make of that what you will.  I'm not ITK, but I think something may be happening.

Nope, we've established in the previous 68 pages that Manning is definitely not coming to City and was just a smokescreen. You'll have to read the previous 68 pages to get the full picture.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Admin
22 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Do you thing any BS employees could be coerced by the powers that be into signing up just to back the board ? if so surely that would come out in the wash in the future with a whistle blower or two, utter nonsense as far as i'm concerned with zero proof to back it up  

I think you may be surprised at who has joined in the past days . . . . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

"On the step you pop"

Just one it the reasons new posters probably don't get involved in the forum too much because of smarmy comments like that

on the other hand I've heard things that are not all sunshine and roses with one player but hey ho you just believe what suits your argument and I will do the same.

Don't let it get to you friend. New posters and your views are always welcome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There is a human angle here as well - most of us take pride in the company we work for, and in the case of BS employees, they’ll have seen Tinnion, Lansdown and to a lesser extent Kelly and Marshall get a shoeing and be predisposed to defend them - maybe in view of supporting the company but moreso on supporting people they like and work with. If people have signed up with BS addresses and real names it is beyond moronic, but the sentiment I kind of “get”.

It is a fact though that we’ve had a number of posters sign up who are posting views contrary to the majority. That doesn’t mean the majority are right, but in view of what the new posters are posting, there are clear and obvious signs that something doesn’t look entirely normal when I think about how this forums been used (with a variety of viewpoints) for 10 plus years. It looks coordinated but I can see how it would be accidentally so.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, TV Tom said:

Maybe just maybe 2 or 3 at most off their own back but certainly no coercion from higher up as far as i'm concerned

When I first posted about the new accounts it was on the Saturday night before NP was sacked on the Sunday. There were 5 or 6 new accounts that joined and all were anti NP. Mods said later on that thread that they were indeed BS employees and they had signed up with there BS email addresses.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

And call them dead wood or average players or players past their best, same difference really - but to include Wells, Tanner, King, OLeary, Weiman, maybe Williams and James.

So…as that’s about 30% of the squad can I assume you disagree when Jon says we have a squad that should be challenging….

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

There is a human angle here as well - most of us take pride in the company we work for, and in the case of BS employees, they’ll have seen Tinnion, Lansdown and to a lesser extent Kelly and Marshall get a shoeing and be predisposed to defend them - maybe in view of supporting the company but moreso on supporting people they like and work with. If people have signed up with BS addresses and real names it is beyond moronic, but the sentiment I kind of “get”.

It is a fact though that we’ve had a number of posters sign up who are posting views contrary to the majority. That doesn’t mean the majority are right, but in view of what the new posters are posting, there are clear and obvious signs that something doesn’t look entirely normal when I think about how this forums been used (with a variety of viewpoints) for 10 plus years. It looks coordinated but I can see how it would be accidentally so.

Exactly, agree.

Element of PR, element of defending company and individuals people may work with and think are getting an unfair press that sort of thing.

Definitely they should be a bit careful about names and addresses albeit that does display a certain level of transparency?

5 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

How long will you be keeping up this pretence of being postive about the club's strategy and liking the new manager? Because we all know that you'll be dying to scream for him to be sacked as soon as he loses a couple of games.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Mate, I joined 18 years ago (what a waste of my bloody life...) and I've never known anything like it.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

When I first posted about the new accounts it was on the Saturday night before NP was sacked on the Sunday. There were 5 or 6 new accounts that joined and all were anti NP. Mods said later on that thread that they were indeed BS employees and they had signed up with there BS email addresses.

If that's true i hope it didn't come from the top, that would turn even me against the Lansdowns !!!!

6 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Out of interest were they openly showing that they were employees of Bristol Sport via their user name or in their posts or was it more cloak and dagger?  If the latter then I'm afraid that's very very poor and extremely underhand and paints Bristol Sport very badly for me

1 hour ago, GrumpyGit said:

Chris Hogg still lives in the Ipswich area and commutes to Oxford. If his family don’t want to move to Oxfordshire, would they move to Bristol?  Manning might be good but is that because he has Hogg.

No idea….wait to see how Manning performs.

58 minutes ago, extonsred said:

From where do you get this info....someone will be right eventually. Don't give advance notice of someone leaving!

We all probably get to hear from a small number of sources.  I heard the same.

50 minutes ago, Zuni said:

James and King go in the next window and we recruit 2 or 3.

We paying up Matty James, selling him, or letting him go on a free with someone picking up his wages?

41 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Just repeating what one of the mods said. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t make anything up, but I can repeat what was posted.