IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

7 minutes ago, GrumpyGit said:

As an Oxford fan, I hope he gets you relegated and he ends up sacked.
Manning has shown he’s got no loyalty. He was doing nothing prior to his appointment, the Oxford board took him on and backed him to the hilt in the close season, now he’s shown that a sniff at the Championship and he’s off, leaving Oxford in the shit.  13 games where he managed to keep us up, just, then got us to 2nd in League One in what is a poor division.

If he’d left at the end of the season, fair enough, but to do it a third of the way through is galling. 

Hope QPR beat you Saturday.

regards

Talk Show Kiss GIF by iOne Digital

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GrumpyGit said:

Manning has shown he’s got no loyalty. He was doing nothing prior to his appointment, the Oxford board took him on and backed him to the hilt in the close season, now he’s shown that a sniff at the Championship and he’s off, leaving Oxford in the shit.  13 games where he managed to keep us up, just, then got us to 2nd in League One in what is a poor division.

If he’d left at the end of the season, fair enough, but to do it a third of the way through is galling. 

regards

How does **** Off Sound

8 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Welcome Liam.

Despite being fairly critical of our managers who underperform (and there have been plenty), I will always give new ones the courtesy of giving them the time to prove themselves....and I really hope you do.

I'm afraid there are some on here that will never offer you that courtesy and will never accept you, mainly due to their adoration of the man you replaced. I suppose it's up to you to prove them wrong. Good luck! 

F me

Ive heard it all now

Liam , let me introduce Bristol City’s infamous whiner from afar 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, GrumpyGit said:

regards

Are you having a bad day?

IMG_20221023_144505_561.jpg

4 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

He said the standard was that we have to get promoted? Genuine question.

I've now see it repeated so many times on the forum but I cannot find the quote. Just the ones I mention in my original post.

Not promoted, to get into the Playoffs. It was during his club interview rather than the longer BBC one with Joe Sims.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Welcome to the world of football and pecking orders!

2 minutes ago, Super said:

If he does well he'll be the next Bournemouth boss.

He's clearly ambitious and loyalty will not come into his thinking. 

If a 'bigger club' takes an interest, he'll go.

Edited by mozo
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, GrumpyGit said:

regards

I get it. We hate it when Bournemouth/Brighton take our best players. I hate the food chain of football, but it exists and it's part of the game. I wish it wasn't, but we've been where you are right now plenty of times.

For what it's worth there's a pretty decent manager called Nigel Pearson available right now, or even Curtis Fleming. Both are good blokes who can almost certainly do a job for you in the right circumstances.

You'll be fine.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GrumpyGit said:

regards

“a poor division” like it isn’t your level.

save your tears for when we take brannagan in january.

11 minutes ago, GrumpyGit said:

regards

IMG_3451.gif.06faa0c71407c744a1149cdfbfe02756.gif

• Haha 1