Ridiculous conjecture

Crazy arguments

And very little in the way of excitement 

That's just what Mrs Downend says about our marriage! :shocking:

Edited by downendcity
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Right for what it's worth.

The decision to get rid of Pearson, the timing and the way they did it was wrong.

Got nothing against Manning.

If he delivers, he'll be our hero (and worshipped). If he doesn't, he'll, quite rightly, get pelters from the fans (and the boot).

Good luck to him, for all our sakes.

But there ain't no honeymoon period.

There should be a honeymoon period for him but not tinnion & the scribbler 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Careful Joe. You have made your feelings known over the last week a few time now. By doing so again, you may end up upsetting some on here. 

A few times  is different to constantly repeating yourself over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over . See, annoying init 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

For all those saying this is an underwhelming appointment, who would they have suggested?

Is it going to be a bit like the times when posters suggest that we need a championship proven 20 goal a season striker, as though they grow on trees (only 3 strikers managed 20+ goals last season)?

A reasonable question amongst the noise. As one of those people, if I put the “I didn’t want Pearson to be sacked” point to one side and that decision, however ridiculous, was made:

For me it had to be someone who is better than what we had. So someone with proven experience at this level and of getting into the Premier League, but considering the current ownership someone who could collaborate with them. 

4 minutes ago, Atticus said:

"We wanna be on the front foot, we wanna be aggressive, hard to beat"

Tinnion or Lansdown wrote that line for our head coach to say?

I’ve got a pretty crap memory, but didn’t Tinns say something pretty similar when he was appointed manager?  

Pretty sure he also added that he knew what the fans wanted and was going to give it to them, or words to that effect🤦‍♂️

30 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Not promoted, to get into the Playoffs. It was during his club interview rather than the longer BBC one with Joe Sims.

“We all wanted Nigel to achieve our ambition to be promoted but, with our recent results, feel that now is the time to make a change to give the club the best possible chance of success.”

This quote?

Far too much love for Pearson that was misplaced loathing for SL.

Now I worry that the same sentiment means that many see the appointment as underwhelming and almost wishing it to fail for the same reason.

Manning seems to be a bright young coach and can hopefully inspire our squad - perhaps with different ideas. He deserves more of a chance than many seem prepared to give him.

P.S. I liked NP, but think he's been given legendary status as much to spite to spite SL as that he deserved it. Oh that NP had come in after LJ.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Far too much love for Pearson that was misplaced loathing for SL.

Now I worry that the same sentiment means that many see the appointment as underwhelming and almost wishing it to fail for the same reason.

Manning seems to be a bright young coach and can hopefully inspire our squad - perhaps with different ideas. He deserves more of a chance than many seem prepared to give him.

P.S. I liked NP, but think he's been given legendary status as much to spite to spite SL as that he deserved it. Oh that NP had come in after LJ.

You make some pretty good points there and I’d agree, he’s got no honeymoon period, a few losses on the bounce and it could get toxic.

4 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

I’ve got a pretty crap memory, but didn’t Tinns say something pretty similar when he was appointed manager?  

Pretty sure he also added that he knew what the fans wanted and was going to give it to them, or words to that effect🤦‍♂️

Well, 8 goals in one game is entertainment.  Were you not entertained?

Edited by cheese
  • Haha 2