IGNORED

“Stay silent until you hear the referee’s whistle”

Lack of Action Man

For once Downsy could not have been any clearer. Very disappointed at Sheffield Wednesday fans.

On a fixture that is especially emotive for those of us, like myself, who have/had loved ones in the forces, all you ask is for a basic level of respect.

I overheard someone mention that the PA system in the Atyeo doesn’t work, I hope this is the case. 

On a positive note - 3 points and a dominant second half performance. Enjoy your weekend fellow reds. COYR.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

Was very disappointed in the Wednesday fans. Clearly a silence was being observed, then it seemed like one Wednesday fan shouted out to start a song and they all joined in. Was only ten seconds from the end. Could they not have waited ten seconds ? As my mate said, we are all one when it comes to respect for our fallen. 
Lest we forget. 
🌺

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Portred said:

Was very disappointed in the Wednesday fans. Clearly a silence was being observed, then it seemed like one Wednesday fan shouted out to start a song and they all joined in. Was only ten seconds from the end. Could they not have waited ten seconds ? As my mate said, we are all one when it comes to respect for our fallen. 
Lest we forget. 
🌺

I thought it was more of a "come on Wednesday" or whatever once the bugle was finished. That often happens after a silence they just got the timing wrong.

Could have done with using a bit more common sense/read the room a bit better but it didn't seem like they set out to ruin it intentionally to me.

• Like 7

It was really poor and disrespectful from the Wednesday supporters in the Atyeo. The bugler had hardly finished before they started chanting. There was no silence to speak off and the referee spared further embarrassment by just blowing his whistle as quickly as possible. Not very classy!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

TBF, the trumpeter had finished several seconds earlier. I was wondering why the referee hadn’t blown his whistle as I thought he would at the end. 

Downsy had said that the reading would take place, followed by the last post, followed by a period of silence which would end on the referee’s whistle.

Just my opinion but the Sheff Weds fan who shouted out after barely a few seconds didn’t show much class or respect.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

TBF, the trumpeter had finished several seconds earlier. I was wondering why the referee hadn’t blown his whistle as I thought he would at the end. 

Downsie had said there would be a period of silence "after the "Bugler" had finished" so there was no excuse to get it wrong.

It was a shame the guy playing the "trumpet" didn't risk playing a Bugle (which is much harder to play well) but is the correct instrument to use for Remembrance events

My guess is the well-behaved Wednesday fans (the vast majority) would have given appropriate grief to those who shouted out!

• Like 3

Some City fan some rows back from me in S18 thought it appropriate to use the silence to make a hilarious joke to his mate in the seats in front - telling him to 'not blow his own trumpet'. To me that was more disrespectful than the Wednesday fans who clearly thought the end of the trumpet was the end of the silence and gave it a big 'come on Wednesday'. Mistakes happen. The City fan was wilful in making his funny funny joke

3 hours ago, IAmNick said:

I thought it was more of a "come on Wednesday" or whatever once the bugle was finished. That often happens after a silence they just got the timing wrong.

Could have done with using a bit more common sense/read the room a bit better but it didn't seem like they set out to ruin it intentionally to me.

Exactly this. Nothing malicious from their fans.

• Like 2