IGNORED

O’Leary

formerly known as ivan

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Well done that man. Kicking aside as we know how bad that is, today he won as that game as much as Dickie!

That save he made at the end was the equivalent of a 40 yard screamer! Command his box well at times as well.

Problem is it was pure luck,had it been a proper touch it would of been a goal but we will take it 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

His kicking is alright normally, today it stunk a bit mind. But that save wins us points, when it felt a little inevitable we were gonna let one in. Big moment for Max and really happy for that lad.

His kicking is alright normally? You for real, every kick goes straight out or to opposition has done ever since he’s been in the side!! 

• Like 5

Just now, Gratz260689 said:

His kicking is alright normally? You for real, every kick goes straight out or to opposition has done ever since he’s been in the side!! 

His short passing is normally very calm and helps us build up from the back. He always shows for it and keeps his head. His long kicking gets more stick than it deserves, he’s got three short forwards to aim at. I think he’s just a scapegoat at times, though I accept his last 3 games have been below par.

• Like 2

The reality is we got rid of Bentley because he was on huge wages and a decent shot stopper, but his distribution was terrible. The thought was that Max had better distribution skills but that doesn’t seem to be the case. He’s not a bad keeper but he does have mistakes that cost goals and points (e.g. the winning goal for Ipswich) and he wouldn’t be first choice in a team vying for promotion. Just ax we would need more threat up front for that we would also need a better keeper.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Unfortunately he has cost us goals which has meant points, he's not good enough consistently for a championship team with aspirations to challenge at the top end of the league.

Definitely an area we need to improve on in January, fat chance of that though!!!!

That’s how I see it as well. He was good today though 

27 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Unfortunately he has cost us goals which has meant points, he's not good enough consistently for a championship team with aspirations to challenge at the top end of the league.

Definitely an area we need to improve on in January, fat chance of that though!!!!

Don’t come on here with opinions,the people lauding him were nowhere to be seen when he drops a clanger,he’s a local lad and I get it 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

33 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

The reality is we got rid of Bentley because he was on huge wages and a decent shot stopper, but his distribution was terrible. The thought was that Max had better distribution skills but that doesn’t seem to be the case. He’s not a bad keeper but he does have mistakes that cost goals and points (e.g. the winning goal for Ipswich) and he wouldn’t be first choice in a team vying for promotion. Just ax we would need more threat up front for that we would also need a better keeper.

I think Nige’s issue with Bentley was more that he didn’t command his box effectively - which to be fair Max does pretty well. 

4 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I thought we saw the good and the bad sides of Max in equal measure today.

He'd be near the top of my list for a replacement personally but he's doing a decent job for our current level - but not where we want to be imo.

100% agree. Jekyll and Hyde-like performance. GK is definitely an area we can upgrade.