IGNORED

I do like a sensible Manager

1960maaan

The more I listen to Ange postecoglou the more I like him.  
Not about spending money, all about building a balanced squad. Should have told Chelsea before they spent so much.
He certainly has Spurs playing well at the moment, be interesting if they can keep it up. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzLViaixGz1/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zuni said:

There is the conundrum though, it actually could make the team worse.

It's an interesting one, hard to believe adding one of the best goalscorers in World football to a team would be a backwards step. But in his own words in the interview he says he wouldn't want just the best 24 players in the World . So it might affect balance , that said I have a feeling Ange might manage to get it to work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Ironic you post this just as we are apparently appointing Manning.  He wasn’t exciting enough for Celtic or spurs fans. 

I don't think it's appointment itself that's the issue as much as the noises telling us what an exciting appointment it's going to be......

Liam Manning might be pragmatic, might turn out to be a wonderful coach for us but "exciting" at the moment he ain't.

Whoever it is gets my good luck and wishes including Liam Manning if it is him.....working under the current circus and their wildly optimistic ambitions, based on the current squad anyway, that many fans will now pounce on every time we hit a bump in the road, the new guy will need every ounce of luck they can get.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I don't think it's appointment itself that's the issue as much as the noises telling us what an exciting appointment it's going to be.....

I think you're right. So let's run with that thought.
I have said I don't get involved with favourites, I don't study who would be a good fit, simply because I have no say and find it pointless for me, but fully get why people do. But for the thread........

who would be your exciting appointment ? Question for everyone.

For me, and only because of his story it probably would be Will Still. Saying it will be exciting has put a lot of pressure on that announcement .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

The more I listen to Ange postecoglou the more I like him.  
Not about spending money, all about building a balanced squad. Should have told Chelsea before they spent so much.
He certainly has Spurs playing well at the moment, be interesting if they can keep it up. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzLViaixGz1/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Sounds very similar to Nigel Pearson.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

I think you're right. So let's run with that thought.
I have said I don't get involved with favourites, I don't study who would be a good fit, simply because I have no say and find it pointless for me, but fully get why people do. But for the thread........

who would be your exciting appointment ? Question for everyone.

For me, and only because of his story it probably would be Will Still. Saying it will be exciting has put a lot of pressure on that announcement .

Good question and one I'm struggling to answer when I look at what's out there and available. However, I will take uninspiring if uninspiring delivers.

• Like 1