IGNORED

Luton Vs Liverpool

phantom

• Admin

Pretty entertaining game, Luton rode their luck and nearly had the best Premier league result in a very long time, but a point against Liverpool is still a massive result. 

Credit to Luis Diaz for not only playing but also scoring, even if it fortuitously came off his shoulder - what he has been through the past days is simply unimaginable 

The other thing, I was surprised to see Luton stewards wearing jackets which at a glance look the same as the team. It must be a nightmare for officials and even team mates glancing out of their peripheral vision 

20231105_181635.jpg

48 minutes ago, phantom said:

The other thing, I was surprised to see Luton stewards wearing jackets which at a glance look the same as the team. It must be a nightmare for officials and even team mates glancing out of their peripheral vision 

20231105_181635.jpg

It could be a tactic we might try in the future, having our stewards wear the same colours as the opposition.
Might be a bit pricey over the season with so many different coloured shirts - but every little helps…..

Excellent point for Luton. 

Edited by Red DNA

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Pretty entertaining game, Luton rode their luck and nearly had the best Premier league result in a very long time, but a point against Liverpool is still a massive result. 

Credit to Luis Diaz for not only playing but also scoring, even if it fortuitously came off his shoulder - what he has been through the past days is simply unimaginable 

20231105_181635.jpg

I do wonder if the ref has the power to force either the team or the stewards to change colour. He would realise as soon as he turned up at the stadium there  would be a clash.

10 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Doing ok, Luton. A bit better than "progressive" Burnley, with all their passing it out from the back (assuming they are still trying to do this). 

They have a chance with the home form. I don't think any team will get an easy game there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I do wonder if the ref has the power to force either the team or the stewards to change colour. He would realise as soon as he turned up at the stadium there  would be a clash.

It’s their home kit in their home stadium. Luton should have figured this out and have the stewards in different colours. It must be the same every game.

15 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Doing ok, Luton. A bit better than "progressive" Burnley, with all their passing it out from the back (assuming they are still trying to do this). 

Yeah not a big fan of all this passing from the back football 

Seems to be the in thing but it seems to me the only teams playing that kind of football who actually win anything have been managed by PEP 

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Maltshoveller said:

Yeah not a big fan of all this passing from the back football 

Seems to be the in thing but it seems to me the only teams playing that kind of football who actually win anything have been managed by PEP 

Everyone seems to think stretching the players out more across the pitch is a good thing, it just gives the better players more time on the ball and puts pressure on those not as good

Announced on Sky today that Liverpool have failed to win at any of the last four Championship play off winners; three draws and a defeat.

Is somebody actually paid to produce these type of stats? I expect one day to be informed   It's four years since this person last won an Olympic medal.