IGNORED

Mark Watson

phantom

• Admin

Was anyone at this gig last night, sounds a real disaster and amazed it seems it all came down to nobody having the keys to open the main room up.

Though I am a bit confused where all the staff were that should have been there?

I've never seen the guy live, but he always come across as really nervous

TAKEN FROM: Comedian Mark Watson locked out of his own Bristol show - BBC News

A comedian was late to his own show after being locked out of the venue with his audience.

Known for appearing on QI and Taskmaster, Mark Watson was due to perform his The Search tour at the Tobacco Factory in his home city of Bristol on Sunday, but found the theatre still locked 15 minutes before he was meant to start.

He told waiting audience members: "There's no other way to say it, I can't get in."

He said he had let staff know he was there an hour before finding the door still locked, but said: "It's no-one's fault."

On a video he posted on Instagram the comedian is seen in the theatre bar explaining the situation to his audience, who were also unable to get to their seats.

"We could do it here, but you paid for a seat and you paid to be in a room resembling a theatre so I just wanted you to know, in case it looks like I'm very complacent, just drinking at the bar, yes I am drinking at the bar, but I'm taking the situation as seriously as you are," he says.

"I've been here an hour ago to let them know I'm here and the aim of that was that everyone would relax but I say they've over relaxed."

Mr Watson, who has appeared on Mock the Week, Would I Lie To You? and Have I Got News For You, also revealed it was not the first time that he had been unable to get into his own venue on his current tour.

The Bristol performance went ahead a little later than planned, after Mr Watson and his audience eventually managed to get into the venue.