IGNORED

Sound of the City - Now - Announcement forthcoming episode?

Curr Avon

No news revealed on SOTC, the club do excell at one thing though which is preventing any news leaking out, hell even Trump leaked the plans to attack Iran and before ministers have left a cabinet meeting in No 10 they're texting journalists . Yet BCFC have kept things tighter than a ducks arse. Chapeaux!

Just now, CodeRed said:

No news revealed on SOTC, the club do excell at one thing though which is preventing any news leaking out, hell even Trump leaked the plans to attack Iran and before ministers have left a cabinet meeting in No 10 they're texting journalists . Yet BCFC have kept things tighter than a ducks arse. Chapeaux!

I know two people that work for the club, and they are absolutely rigid about not revealing any information. I’ve never had any gossip from them (both of them are model professionals). 

7 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

yes he did but not now

He was a year behind I think.

Just now, luke_bristol said:

I know two people that work for the club, and they are absolutely rigid about not revealing any information. I’ve never had any gossip from them (both of them are model professionals). 

Football Clubs are often PR fortresses in the modern age.

God knows how BCFC Shags broke stuff about transfers etc, whoever leaked to them was taking a huge risk.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He was a year behind I think.

Football Clubs are often PR fortresses in the modern age.

God knows how BCFC Shags broke stuff about transfers etc, whoever leaked to them was taking a huge risk.

they were Lisa Knights - it was all in the name 

• Haha 1

Kieran does a lot of radio rounds, think he may have accidentally mixed up 2020-21 and 2021-22.

Either way the Holdings wage bill for that season was £30m and the club in isolation was somewhere between £23-24m.

We may have been in or near top 10 that year but we were still in fiscal retrenchment.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps I misheard but did Kieran say our wage budget was £35m??

In 2020-21 it was, was £30m for the collective in 2021-22, ie Club, plus AGL consolidated into Bristol City Holdings.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Kieran does a lot of radio rounds, think he may have accidentally mixed up 2020-21 and 2021-22.

Either way the Holdings wage bill for that season was £30m and the club in isolation was somewhere between £23-24m.

We may have been in or near top 10 that year but we were still in fiscal retrenchment.

Yes, he did say that.  I wasn’t listening live, but you are spot on….Holding Ltd was only £30m, let alone “playing squad wages”, which is much lower.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, he did say that.  I wasn’t listening live, but you are spot on….Holding Ltd was only £30m, let alone “playing squad wages”, which is much lower.

I'm sure the club will go public to correct the error. There again a £35m player wage bill does look like a top 10 budget so maybe not.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, One Team said:

As I’ve said on another thread: credit where it’s due, Hadwin did well on Sound of the City tonight, called out both sides and offered up criticism and analysis of the Lansdowns. 

Yes, he was very good.  On the finance stuff, showed he’d put some research in too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

Ditto.

And I've never asked for any info either.