IGNORED

City U21s at Cardiff

bcfc01

Had enough of watching that. Cardiff far better individually and collectively.

Poor from us, pretty toothless. Bit like the first team, no semblance of playing partnerships, no triangles with any real buzz, energy or intellegence employed to create space, just a bunch of what looked random players strolling around trying to look busy.

Would have thought our players might have tried a bit harder to make an impression on the new manager. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, westonred said:

The Cardiff commentator said I was expecting a tougher game seeing as most of these lads were in their 1st team recently :laugh:

James’ debut last week is the only league start any of that 11 has had this season.

Stand by my post of a week or so ago that half of this side won’t be with us next year.

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

James’ debut last week is the only league start any of that 11 has had this season.

Stand by my post of a week or so ago that half of this side won’t be with us next year.

No they need to go out on loan to develope as they are clearly not championship quality as yet

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, westonred said:

No they need to go out on loan to develope as they are clearly not championship quality as yet

Some have been out on loan & are playing for us at 21 level because they weren’t wanted.

Our Academy is a big success story but not everyone makes it & I can see a fair few of these doing so at Championship level.

Edited by GrahamC

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Some have been out on loan & are playing for us at 21 level because they weren’t wanted.

Our Academy is a big success story but not everyone makes it & I can see a fair few of these doing so at Championship level.

Yes i agree the Academy is a great success but most of the players that have had the biggest success (apart from Scott and Kelly) went out on loan to learn their trade Reid, Bryan, Vyner, Pring, Semenyo before being given 1st team action 

16 hours ago, westonred said:

Yes i agree the Academy is a great success but most of the players that have had the biggest success (apart from Scott and Kelly) went out on loan to learn their trade Reid, Bryan, Vyner, Pring, Semenyo before being given 1st team action 

Few of the players development has been stagnant, not getting loaned out, as required as back up, then not getting first team, should let them leave on loan. 

Edited by Redhed123
Spelling

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

What's happened with Taylor-Clarke, from playing quite a bit at the end of last season to seemingly miles from the first team 

Still regaining fitness. 2 Injuries this season. 1 in preseason and just come back from hamstring injury. 3rd game back of 60mins.

• Thanks 1