IGNORED

Still getting away with it.

NSFF

11 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

So you have deduced that Manning is a yes man and  now a sycophant as well. And he has been with us for how long. 

Well I am one of those struggling with this. You know very little about Manning like most of us. He has been at the club for about 6 hours but you know he is a yes man. What incredible insights you have on someone you know nothing about.

Ok, one last time. I've made it clear throughout this thread that I know nothing about Manning other than what I've read on here, and therefore despite being underwhelmed by the appointment, have nothing that I'd care to judge him on. Good luck to the guy. All my posts have referred to Lansdown and the kind of manager he prefers to work with. That's it. 

14 hours ago, Cidre Monita said:

LM said on the local news that he’s been coaching for 18 years, so effectively since he was 20. Did he never play professional football? Got to be honest I’ve never heard of him. It sounds like we have appointed him off of the back of a couple of good months at Oxford. I’m interested to know what the Lansdowns do next if this doesn’t work out. I think we will go down the foreign route followed by a Nigel Pearson type to get us out of trouble. 

I hope the Lansdowns, and Tinnion, all resign if we fail to make the top six. They’ve been very open about that being the goal and in some ways I feel for Manning working under that pressure, and for Nige who had to deal with that. 

This is not “the best squad we’ve had in my time here”, nor do “we have a top-10 budget” as spuriously claimed by JL last week. But these are the goals set for Manning and if he doesn’t achieve them, the board needs to be accountable. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Spud21 said:

As someone who was "literally" there and by thst I mean in the same place as SL, JL and BT on I think the day it was either announced or damn near close to it (fans forum game was at AG on that day, between us and Rovers) , we asked BT before (I think, was a long while ago) the game if it was going to be him and although he didn't directly it was obvious. 

That is absolutely not how I remember it, now did Tinnion use his position to "weasle" into the job maybe, I can't say I have any inside knowledge on that, but why would he need to undermine Wilson the man rocked up to a playoff final with our best player sat on his arse, absolutely everyone I knew wanted him gone to a man, from the minute we left the Millennium stadium. 

That doesn't mean that appointing Tinnion was the right move, could have been a case of right man wrong time, as there needed to be a massive culture change from the players being on the piss all the time (we used to see, Phillips, Peacock, Coles et all every week out in town all the time) and appointing a rookie into that was not a decision that made sense, needed a GJ type to come in at that point. 

I cannot fathom any similarities between the two periods, when Wilson left he was not popular, the culture at the club was an absolute disgrace and we appointed someone with no managerial expirience who was very much even though on the periphery a part of that culture. 

As per my post, I wasn’t there and only reflecting on the current view of the history….which as we know isn’t always the same as what happened at the time! 🤣🤣🤣

57 minutes ago, tin said:

I hope the Lansdowns, and Tinnion, all resign if we fail to make the top six. They’ve been very open about that being the goal and in some ways I feel for Manning working under that pressure, and for Nige who had to deal with that. 

This is not “the best squad we’ve had in my time here”, nor do “we have a top-10 budget” as spuriously claimed by JL last week. But these are the goals set for Manning and if he doesn’t achieve them, the board needs to be accountable. 

I’m up there with any as angry at NPs dismissal , particularly the cowardly way it was done 

And Manning - It fits the modern Current  trend of a young up and coming almost professor type coach , I knew little about him and like most have been catching up on him and his CV - I’m not sure what to think and you could take evidence from his career that is positive or negative - I do think it’s a roll of a dice and of course I hope he succeeds.

I can see the theory of going with someone they think is a good progressive coach.

It doesn’t , and won’t , change my view on the Lansdowns , or Tinnion , or what they’ve done

But

I think it’s unfair on Manning to demand a top six finish

All I shall look for , as with any manager or head coach is - Is there evidence he is building something and improving us with a clear plan

As someone with no experience at this level and a Footballing support network within the Club , certainly the top end , virtually non existent , its a big ask and I wish him genuinely good luck

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tin said:

Err ... I'm not quite sure an owner can simply "resign", and we might have something of a cashflow problem if they did.

1 hour ago, red panda said:

Err ... I'm not quite sure an owner can simply "resign", and we might have something of a cashflow problem if they did.

I couldn’t care less. They have long overstayed their welcome and need to go regardless. There’s no turning around my feelings towards them. Snakes and liars, the lot of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2