IGNORED

Love Nige and Hate How It Was Done But…..

Old Sodbury Red Evs

5 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Where have you suddenly sprung up from, Bristol Sport?

Just a longterm fan that doesn't share yours and others opinion, but don't let that get in the way of trying to label me👍

Just another example of the inner circle of members on this forum shutting you down if you don't agree profusely.(if you check my sign up date I was here before bristol sport was even a thing) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Robin 1

Just now, johnheadbcfc said:

Just a longterm fan that doesn't share yours and others opinion, but don't let that get in the way of trying to label me👍

Just another example of the inner circle of members on this forum shutting you down if you don't agree profusely.(if you check my sign up date I was here before bristol sport was even a thing) 

Embarrassing isn’t it, dare not love Nigel you are an instant BS bot. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cristored said:

If constantly going to away games to the hulls and Prestons to play shit and have the long journeys home are part of my bristol sport contract then I quit😂 also going to Coventry going 1-0 up to then lose 3-2 against 10 men really hurt 

Edited by johnheadbcfc

• Admin
14 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Are you suggesting that you can counter views but those opposing you can't?

There's no inner circle shutting you down (the clue is you're here posting) it's just natural that if you hold one view and 90% hold another, you're gonna face more replies opposing your view. It's the point of a forum, everyone can reply.

Anyway, +1 to the OP's view. 

Love Nige. Hate how it happened. Support Manning.

• Like 16
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

There's no inner circle shutting you down (the clue is you're here posting) it's just natural that if you hold one view and 90% hold another, you're gonna face more replies opposing your view. It's the point of a forum, everyone can reply.

No if you don't agree with me thats fine , it's the if you have a different view straight away it's the bristol sport employee shit. If we are talking about how we have a difference of opinion on nigel pearson and your counter argument is your bristol sport that to me is childish. (The clue is everytime me and few people i know personally on here make the views known on Pearson it gets shut down with bs crap)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ian M said:

On your last bit I too liked nigel Pearson on the whole it was good under him but at the same time I'm looking foward to seeing if this team is capable of some really good attacking football without the expense of blowing our defence apart. 

Edited by johnheadbcfc

1 hour ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Why wasn't nigel given money it's not fair in 3 2 1....

Why not just express your view / rationale in a mature manner, instead of being antagonistic?

Same for you @Cristored

And on the flip, let’s just get over Botgate and ALL OF US get back to good solid debate, rather than pathetic bitchy comments.

• Like 16

As I said when Pearson was sacked, if the fans felt it was wrong then they should have said so by not attending and standing up to the board, it would seem that Jon Lansdown was right though, the fans will be there regardless proving that no matter what you want the board will do as they please.
All this appointment has done for me is prove that the board can do whatever they like and the fans will accept it which frustrates me as living in Cardiff I saw this with the Cardiff board too and even when they switched from Blue to red it took them a while to finally act up enough to change the boards mind. I don't dislike this appointment, I do see what they are going for but I still feel they pulled the trigger to regain control of the narrative of what is going on at the club and I still remain thinking that under manning the fans will not be privy to as much information about what is going on unless the board ok it. I am not saying this makes Manning a "yes man", but I do think that it'll have been made clear that the club wants to handle it's PR itself and that he'll be required to stay inline with that regardless of if meaning not disclosing information that the fans may deem important.

I'm still very much angered by the Lansdowns which says a lot when if you search through my posts in the past you'll find me defending them when many were not happy about them at all. I still maintain that Pearson was not let go to create progression within the club, I feel that if that were the case they would have done it at the end of this season as it would have benefitted both ourselves and Oxford not to have made such major changes now, the fans would have been less angered by the situation and Liam would have a better window to make any changes that he wanted. I know there are some issues with the situation being discussed at this point, we many not have got Liam or Pearson may not have wanted to see the season out but I don't think that would be the case.
I stand by my statement that this was about control and ego and it's that control and ego that has come off best and the fans have been proven to be easy to manipulate as so many are now already over Pearson and many who were supporting him are now saying "ah well, he didn't do much anyway" having spun a full 180 based on a few PR moves from the club.

All of that aside I do like the appointment of Manning, I can understand that they want a coach rather than a manager as they now feel the club is controllable within their hands, this I'm not so sure about but I guess we'll see, either way it doesn't matter as the fans have turned around and moved on already so the best we can hope for is that Manning does hit the ground running. I know a lot of our fans don't like to hear negative opinions so I'm sure there will be a good bunch of facepalm or crying face emotes on this post and you know what, have at it because I do feel like a lot of our fans lack the conviction of standing up to the board and would happily sell out whomever it takes to get to the Prem which is probably why they deserve the Lansdowns, because they'd do that to the fans too.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

30 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

But you blatantly ******* are!!!

Joined Saturday.... 41 posts since ALL anti Nige...

Bet you feel proud working for Putin....

There’s a few who immediately upon joining began following each other and one established poster on here who continually slagged off Pearson 

Spooky eh 

Not many ‘follow’ each other’s accounts , and to do it immediately on joining - sort of speaks for itself 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johnheadbcfc said:

If constantly going to away games to the hulls and Prestons to play shit and have the long journeys home are part of my bristol sport contract then I quit😂 also going to Coventry going 1-0 up to then lose 3-2 against 10 men really hurt 

I better not list my away games that has really hurt as I think my battery will die on my iPad before I finish 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

There’s a few who immediately upon joining began following each other and one established poster on here who continually slagged off Pearson 

Spooky eh 

Not many ‘follow’ each other’s accounts , and to do it immediately on joining - sort of speaks for itself 

Ever thought they may be mates outside the Internet?

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Why not just express your view / rationale in a mature manner, instead of being antagonistic?

Same for you @Cristored

And on the flip, let’s just get over Botgate and ALL OF US get back to good solid debate, rather than pathetic bitchy comments.

Fair enough 👍 it does work both ways 

• Robin 1

22 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Spooky eh 

I agree and it's been proven.

Personally I think it's a disgrace. It's more like the actions of a despot dictator in a banana Republic trying to sway opinion one way or another.

The owners may well own the club (and I have personally thanked SL for everything that he has done for the club), but they do NOT own the supporters! We are entitled to an opinion whatever side of the argument you take BUT, I draw the line at Bristol Sport staff taking sides in order to support their bosses. Suddenly arriving here with an agenda to help the powers that be.

For me, I'm done. I will not spend one more penny at matches, no food, drink or in the shop.

I have already paid for my season ticket plus parking so will see out this season but it will be my last. 62 years man and boy.

Not since 82 have I felt so down about the club I love and the direction it's taking and the people running it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 6

4 hours ago, Spike said:

As I said when Pearson was sacked, if the fans felt it was wrong then they should have said so by not attending and standing up to the board, it would seem that Jon Lansdown was right though, the fans will be there regardless proving that no matter what you want the board will do as they please.
All this appointment has done for me is prove that the board can do whatever they like and the fans will accept it which frustrates me as living in Cardiff I saw this with the Cardiff board too and even when they switched from Blue to red it took them a while to finally act up enough to change the boards mind. I don't dislike this appointment, I do see what they are going for but I still feel they pulled the trigger to regain control of the narrative of what is going on at the club and I still remain thinking that under manning the fans will not be privy to as much information about what is going on unless the board ok it. I am not saying this makes Manning a "yes man", but I do think that it'll have been made clear that the club wants to handle it's PR itself and that he'll be required to stay inline with that regardless of if meaning not disclosing information that the fans may deem important.

I'm still very much angered by the Lansdowns which says a lot when if you search through my posts in the past you'll find me defending them when many were not happy about them at all. I still maintain that Pearson was not let go to create progression within the club, I feel that if that were the case they would have done it at the end of this season as it would have benefitted both ourselves and Oxford not to have made such major changes now, the fans would have been less angered by the situation and Liam would have a better window to make any changes that he wanted. I know there are some issues with the situation being discussed at this point, we many not have got Liam or Pearson may not have wanted to see the season out but I don't think that would be the case.
I stand by my statement that this was about control and ego and it's that control and ego that has come off best and the fans have been proven to be easy to manipulate as so many are now already over Pearson and many who were supporting him are now saying "ah well, he didn't do much anyway" having spun a full 180 based on a few PR moves from the club.

All of that aside I do like the appointment of Manning, I can understand that they want a coach rather than a manager as they now feel the club is controllable within their hands, this I'm not so sure about but I guess we'll see, either way it doesn't matter as the fans have turned around and moved on already so the best we can hope for is that Manning does hit the ground running. I know a lot of our fans don't like to hear negative opinions so I'm sure there will be a good bunch of facepalm or crying face emotes on this post and you know what, have at it because I do feel like a lot of our fans lack the conviction of standing up to the board and would happily sell out whomever it takes to get to the Prem which is probably why they deserve the Lansdowns, because they'd do that to the fans too.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Yep, with you on this. Each to their own though. Unless you stand up to it you enable it to continue. It’s difficult to split feelings for the club from the owners so many fans choose to let it go.

I’m out until they are out. Wish Liam all the best and hope they let him have some money to spend. I just can’t support the current regime though. 

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1
  • Flames 3

16 hours ago, Cristored said:

Why are you even still here?

Your overlords have done what they have done and there is **** all we can do about it. 

They don't need you to back them up on here anyore.Time for you to go back to your brown-nosing duties.

Who knows, if you do them well enough you might be in charge of 'football operations' some day. 

22 hours ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Why wasn't nigel given money it's not fair in 3 2 1....

For me, that particular criticism around the Scott money, hides a more profound resentment that after two decades of Lansdown ownership, AFC Bournemouth fans can joke about Bristol City FC being a feeder club for them.....

On 08/11/2023 at 08:56, Ian M said:

Sometimes I find it quite difficult to be part of the 10% whilst still feeling empathy towards the 90% who are obviously and clearly wrong.

Fortunately my monthly "pay per post" remuneration as a Bristol Sport employee keeps me focussed.

Love Steve. Right decision. Support Manning.

• Sad 1